We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental resort and spa Moorea

Which Papetoai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Intercontinental resort and spa Moorea

My Husband and I are thrilled to be staying at this hotel in about 10 days. Can anyone answer what the weather conditions will be? Also I don't want to rent a car but are there scooters for rent from the hotel? will this hotel pick us up from the ferry or do we need to hire a taxi service?

Thanks for your answers and we welcome any suggestions or recommendations

. Thank you

7 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercontinental resort and spa Moorea

I would absolutely NOT ever recommend renting a scooter on Moorea. Far too many vacations have ended badly due to scooter accidents. BUT even more so now.....there are VERY bad pot holes all over the island due to some recent very heavy rains..

Tahiti, French...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercontinental resort and spa Moorea

The hotel does not automatically pick you up from the ferry dock. Best is to email them and arrange for a transfer (depending also which ferry you'll be arriving on...) There's basically 2 during the day, Aremiti Ferry 2 or the Terevau.

Scooters can be rent from "Moorea Fun Bike" and they will deliver at the hotel.

moorea-fun-bike AT hotmail.fr

The present road condition is a challenge though.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercontinental resort and spa Moorea

We were in a sapphire bungalow which is the mid range, we had a view of both the resort beach and the mountain and the water where we were was about 10ft deep.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
584 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Intercontinental resort and spa Moorea

I have a car reserved through Avis in late May 2014...........thoughts on the roads being in better shape by then or is this going to be a challenge in your minds?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Intercontinental resort and spa Moorea

They fill the potholes with coral soup ( think dead coral somewhat like gravel) but when it rains again the potholes re-appear so plan on driving very carefully. I doubt if they have the roads repaired by May,

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Intercontinental resort and spa Moorea

I am in Moorea right now and have been driving. I say absolutely NO to the scooter and very cautious driving in some areas. Sbernstein, I would suggest you book your transfer from the ferry to the IC ahead of time. The IC is pretty far from the ferry and you can't count on public transportation or a taxi.

Regards Bo

Nebraska
Level Contributor
584 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Intercontinental resort and spa Moorea

Thank you both for the reply.

Reply to: Intercontinental resort and spa Moorea
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted