We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coin laundry

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
coin laundry

I realize I am coming to paradise & shouldnt be worried about doing laundry but....

My husband & I will be staying @ the Hilton both in Moorea & Bora Bora in May 2012. Will there be coin laundry offered @ either Hilton so I can wash a load or two of cloths myself. I am trying to lighten the suitcases & not have to pack so many cloths.

thank~you

18 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: coin laundry

Well, 1 week home from Moorea/Bora Bora, The weight & measurement restrictions are kinda tough to meet but i made it. My husband on the other hand doesnt pack light, got dinged with $75 overage. Even with the extra weight allowance for being a diver. He will learn. : )

No need to do laundry, washed a few things in the sink with the Tide packets. More than sufficicent. Thanks Shully.

What an awsome trip. Thanks for all of your tips that were so very heplful.

Island Lubber ~ i had my eyes peeled for you, but didnt see you. Hope you are having a great time.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELPFUL TIPS!!!!

Edited: 9:02 pm, May 29, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Moorea
Moorea
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Bora Bora
Bora Bora
Society Islands, French Polynesia
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: coin laundry

Were there laundry facilities at Hilton Moorea & Bora Bora?

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,560 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: coin laundry

Hi allieg326: There are no self serve laundry facilities at the Hilton properties....although they are happy to provide laundry service and do it for you.... at a price - per piece....very expensive.

sunny regards,

shully

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: coin laundry

Thanks Shully! Looks like I'll be washing things in the sink!

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: coin laundry

I believe an upgrade to the Four Seasons will bring with it washer & dryer at your disposal.

Here's to few domestic duties interrupting your stay in paradise.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,560 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: coin laundry

Yes indeed the FS has free washers and dryers for guests to use. We actually did a quick load last time we stayed there.....or should I say my Husband did it....

me...laundry...on vacation....never.

sunny regards,

shully

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: coin laundry

I just make sure I bring super light weight easy to dry fabrics...and a couple sink packets of Tide.... wash a few things out in the sink...do a quick towel stomp on them to get out the excess water... and hang them to dry. Works fine and take very little time out of your vacation.

san diego
Level Contributor
68 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: coin laundry

We have been to FP twice and are planning our 3rd trip next month. My husband and I each only take a carry on. You seriously don't need a lot of clothes here. I take a few bathing suits and cover-ups and a couple of dresses for the evenings. That's it. I love breezing though customs with no large luggage in hand. The locals smile at me because they know most tourists bring way too much crap!

Reply to: coin laundry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted