We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

Which Dhermi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wien
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

Here is a beach I was impressed of last year in Albania. It is not a 5***** from the hotel and tourism commission but it’s a natural 5***** resort.

There were small things I got angry about but as soon as I opened the window and saw the view I forgot the complaints. Our friends flight to india , mexico or maledives for white virgin beaches. Me and my husband drive from Vienna to Dhermi because of our son who is still too young to fly overseas or we fly short to turkey.

There is no mass tourism yet in south Albania. Mainly the beaches are frequented by the “richer” locals or the smart expats living in Albania.

We were last year in august at the Altea Lodges in Drymades Dhermi Beach. They speak all languages there. Foreign languages or good service languages.

there are around 20-25 bungalows in the middle of an olive tree small forest. 30m from the sea with private terrace. there is a great restaurant there with great fresh fish specialties ( frozen fish is Sakrileg in Albania! Yet!). and a beach bar with not loud music. There are other good restaurants closed by we didn’t really change often.

I was last year in august with my family. we had a great time because the waking up in the morning and looking at the Jonian see while thinking you are in the Caribbean was a feeling....!

even though it was 42 °C outside we never turned on the air conditioners in the bungalows night or day because of the olive trees I guess. But outside at the beach was dam hot! So we woke up everyday very early to take our son at the beach and from 10:00- 15:00 we were as good as not at all at the beach. Next time we will go in September/October or May/June because of the busy season and the heat.

there is not much activity in the walking distance area like shopping and things. But you find all the normal beach activities like swimming, hiking, paragliding snorkeling etc if you want .

You have to drive to get to see things and explore Albania. There are historical and archeological sites not far away.

There is a lot of party going on for young people in drimades beach and in dhermi beach (3 km away). All famous world DJs ( Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk etc) are in drymades/dhermi beach in high season.

There is a nightclub/disco/very loud music club with not far away from altea but no worry you don’t here the noise in the night. My son was 1 and ½ last year and that was my big worry. We didn’t hear a thing. The nightlife/clubbing is really cool specially on the weekends. Tipp for girls : if you are single and want to get noticed in the clubs you have no chance unless you bring with you the wardrobe of a rock star. Everything is short short short (skirts) and small small small ( tops) and high high high ( heels of course). So it’s a real fashion show degenerating sometimes to bizarre and kitsch but who cares you are on the beach! A german girlfriend of mine who was normally dressed ( tshirt and shorts) said me that she feelt very uncomfortable and stupid because no one talked to her all night ( she is really pretty and smart)

If you want to go on a weekend you better book your rooms in advance.

There are as well a lot of camping possibilities for camper and/or just tents.

In front if the lodges there is the sea with the sunbeds of the hotel on the beach. And on both sides there is at least 200-300m empty beach. So approx in 1km long beach there are around 200 people laying on it and that in high season august.

Quite empty white beaches with turquoise sea waters! A wonder!

here a link: movingculture.org/new/…altea.php

have a nice summer and a nice holiday in the beach wherever it is

13 replies to this topic
Tirana
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

Thank you very much for your info. Do you have any contact of the place? There is none in the link

I Would appreciate it very much

Have a nice week end

Wien
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

on top of the page under the picture i found the following:

Altea Lodges

altealodges@gmail.com

tel 00355 6820 13651

have fun

Tirana
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

Thank you very much.

I really appreciate this.

Have a good holidays this summer

4. Re: Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:46 am, July 30, 2015

Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

Thank you for your lovely review. It encouraged me to try it out and I loved it. The room was very clean and cozy, the beach superb, and the management is very friendly.

September was the perfect season, not too hot, not too cold, and it was not very busy.

Highly recommended.

Vlore, Albania
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

For update info please visit movingculture.org/new/…altea.php

The info on www.albaniaholidayhomes.com/ad.php?accid=46 is too old.

Tirana, Albania
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

Super cosy, friendly and absolute relaxation resort in the Albanian south coast.

We found a very good and friendly environment accompanied by spacey and comfortable rooms offering full services, something that is kind of rare in the hospitality of other accommodations in the region.

Titi, who is the head honcho of Altea is a friendly and extremely accommodating guy who desires all his guests to feel as they are in sould treatment holidays.

The perfect combination of "postcards panorama" nature, sea and sun alongside relax full facilities, good and fresh homemade food and inspiring music.

Reminds a little bit of a Thai resort just 23 steps away of one of the most beautyful seas on the planet.

Our first weekend getaway was last weekend and we are looking forward to do that till late November. In the end of the day Drymades beach is a 250+ sunny days location.

A must see no doubt.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

I was there and it is like living in a dream

Great great great place, wonderful wonderful wonderful sea

Tirana
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

I loved the place. The people are friendly, the food is delicious and the rooms are lovely. I loved the nature, the ocean in front of me and the mountains behind me. The staff are helpful and they all speak English. Here is their website movingculture.org/new/…altea.php

Edited: 2:30 pm, July 06, 2012
Rumia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges

We (family with a child of 5) stayed there two weeks in july and we loved every moment of it. I have seen French, Italian and Croatian resorts, as well as in Greece this year, and, personally, this is by far the best place I have ever been to. The mixture of attractions, conditions and, what's also important, the price you have to pay for it is unbeatable. I can only confirm what you can read above and add: go there and see that you won't find a better place for this price in Europe and maybe in the world. I love the Albanian riviera and this place is located ideally and has everything I looked for: peace, great sea, good restaurant, Olive trees, mountains, good and friendly staff, albanian exotic sphere and much more. It took us 4 days to come here from Poland, but it was worthy.

Adam B.

Edited: 9:40 am, August 08, 2012
Reply to: Drymades Beach, Dhermi, Albania- Altea Beach Lodges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dhermi