We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach front studios or away from beach with a pool

Dublin
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
beach front studios or away from beach with a pool

hi Im probably re asking the same advice of many others but I am trying to decide between A.A and A.P . we are a family with three kids and I really don't like resorts but feel a little village life is good. as for beaches we like the cove type beaches with good snorkelling so looking at the map id say either ends of agia anna or agia prokopolis looks suitable? Im also worried about wind Im looking at all your lovely photos but hey the weather looks changeable we are going 20 June so was thinking maybe a bit back from the beach with a pool for shelter but hey we love the beach and popping back and forth to apartment is usual. Finally Im so bogged down with trying to search for accommodation does anyone know Elli Studios ? or any recommendations as authentic as possible but I do like nice furnishings (ha ha not asking for much) we will be staying in Vathy Sifnos before hand as we have done for last few years and it is our little paradise! thanks in advance !

4 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach front studios or away from beach with a pool

For information: Both Agios Prokopios and Agia Anna are tourist built resorts (not like any village). For cove type beaches you will have to go further down the coast like Alyko, but your options for village life will not be there either and you will be far from town and all choices of other things to do. You can look up reviews of Elli by putting its name in the search option on the top right of the forum.

How old are your kids ?

St. George beach is best suited for small children and sheltered from the Meltemi wind when it sets in, and you will be within walking distance to everywhere in town. St. George also has other activities of your children are teenagers (look up Flisvos Club). If you rent a car you will also be able to go around the island for different choices of beaches and visit the villages. For hotels complying with your request look up Kalergis studios (virtually on the beach) or Srudios St. Thomais. If you want a pool and a short distance to the beach you can look up Naxos Resort, Hotel Spiros (further from beach), Hotel Galaxy.

Flisvos (drag down the colouted menues):

http://www.flisvos-sportclub.com/index.php

Hope this helps.

Edited: 5:44 pm, January 29, 2014
Dublin
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beach front studios or away from beach with a pool

Thank you Greek traveller . I understand they are not villages but I just really hoped they aren't full on busy loud motor boat disco bar resorts ? I've done that type of holiday ! My kids are 4 , 9 and 13 we had looked at going northern part of Island but it's a large island and I think 50km away so we are back to near enough to chora

Really we want to look at and hang out at an interesting beach not too interested in one that goes on for miles but enough to have our own space . We will be hiring a car to visit the interesting spots but it would be nice to come back to a beautiful view and some nice tavernas with a possible trip into town one or two of the days

Thanks again for your input (I think because there is a lot of choice it's quiet hard to make final decision )

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach front studios or away from beach with a pool

St. George is a quiet area at night. The beach is also shallow and well suited for small children.

new
Level Contributor
463 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach front studios or away from beach with a pool

Similar topic which could help:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189431-i1324-k714…

And about wind:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g580192-i9822-k713…

Reply to: beach front studios or away from beach with a pool
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agia Anna