Our son will be attending Richmond International U this coming fall semister. He's never been away from home and its our first child "going away" to college (the other chose community college in our home state of New Jersey). We have a qazillion questions. We will be taking him there sometime towards the end of August.
2. Where can we purchase necessities for his dorm room (i.e. sheets, reading lamp, coffee mugs, electric tea pot, etc) without breaking the bank (i.e. wal-mart, k-mart, dollar store, etc.)
3. Will his electronic equipment work in England with an adapter? (i.e. Cell charger, laptop, alarm clock, etc.) Or are we going to have to purchase new once we get there?
4. Do you think a bike is safe (on the roads) in that neighborhood to ride? It certainly looks like a great area to cycle on the streets and park (unlike Manhattan where there are way toooo many cars and taxi's)
5. Does anyone know if the dorms have small refrigerators in them or a common one on each floor? What would be the closest grocery store to p/u some goodies for him?
6. Can we gain access to the dorms prior to "move-in" day to assess what he will need?
I think that's it for now...i'm sure i'll think of more. Already did...when is the best time to book flights from the States to UK? Right now they are WAY TOO HIGH and i know i've seen airfares for WAY less than 500 from time to time (right now they are bet. 800-1000 USD, Ouch). THANKS!!!