We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodmin Jail

Which Bodmin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Bodmin Jail

Anyone know what the admission charges are to the jail in Bodmin. No website and no other info available on Google etc. Just dont want to be stung on the day !!! Thanks, Mark

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodmin Jail

Here's the jail's website with details of admission charges.

www.bodminjail.org

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodmin Jail

Hi

I was there just the other day and the admission was £2.50. If you google something like "Bodmin sights" you'll come up with loads of websites that detail the gaol. Did you also know that the original "debtors prison" is still in the town? This was the local nick for 40-odd years prior to the big gaol opening in the 18th century. Mosty of it is now incorporated inside the Hole in The Wall pub which is on Dennison Rd in the town centre.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bodmin Jail

Thanks for the info - much appreciated. I have been to the Hole in the Wall pub. I think the debtors prison must still be there as they charged me £3.20 for a bottle of Magners !!!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bodmin Jail

Hi Marks

Maybe you should have refused to pay - you never know, they might have offered you "free B & B" for the evening in one of the old cells - much cheaper than paying for a hotel....

5. Re: Bodmin Jail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 24, 2009