We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crimdon Dene Holiday Park

Burnley, Lancashire
1 post
Save Topic
Crimdon Dene Holiday Park

Don't do it!! We went in May 2010 for what was supposed to be a week with a tourer caravan. We are a family of two adults, two children and two dogs. We have visited alot of caravan sites, but this was far the worst. When we arrived we were told there were no allocated places, so we parked on the only one available. The grass was well worn, the hardstanding for the caravan was so high it was a big step into the caravan. We have an awning, but couldnt put it up due to the big ditch where it was supposed to go. It stated on the booking form that no trucks, etc were allowed, but it looked like a travellers site, there were so many open back trucks, white vans and Hobby caravans! There were empty beer cans strewn all round certain caravans for thewhole time we were there. We only managed 3 nights before we found a lovely site near York. The children on the multi sports pitch were foul mouthed. The entertainment was situated at the club house next to the pitches and on the first night we were there shook the caravan until half past midnight. The static caravans looked okay, and their area appeared far better maintained. Even our 9 year old boy said the site looked 'chavvy'!! We have complained, as we have also booked another one of Park Resort sites in August, but have immediately cancelled and we want our deposit back, but funnily enough havent heard anything from them! If you enjoy nice places, a bit of piece and quiet, but with a bit going on for the family and nice well mannered people, dont go here-it was horrendous!! Never, ever again!

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Crimdon Dene Holiday Park

I couldn't agree more!

We stayed in the static caravans just last week and came home early the park is shocking!

Mindless yobs driving round the vans (not on the roads) on MOTORBIKES. Shouting and swearing and all sorts til well after 12!

No entertainment on because there wasn't enough people on the site!!!!

I'll never ever be near a park resort again.

Brighouse, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crimdon Dene Holiday Park

i stayed there last week and it was awful its not for people on holiday most people live on there and they are scruffy chavs a 4year old swore at me for no reason and he was playing around at 9pm in freezing cold weather in a filthy tshirt on his own, he also just randomly started kicking my 8year old for a fight he didnt know what to do he was shocked. that place needs shutting down, there was no kids club and the bar was full of teenagers hanging about screaming and shouting it recommend this place to chavs and gypsys they would fit right in!!

3. Re: Crimdon Dene Holiday Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:37 am, May 02, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Hartlepool