We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels and B&Bs in Sevenoaks

Roseville...
Level Contributor
178 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels and B&Bs in Sevenoaks

Help! We are looking for an excellent hotel or B&B in Sevenoaks town. We want to use taxis or other public transport to visit Knole, Chartwell and Ightham Mote. Accommodations listed on Trip Advisor don't seem good for the town. Does anyone know good things about Austens Cottage (B&B).? Their website doesn't show photos of rooms so it's difficult to know much about their accomodations.

Has anyone stayed recently in Gravetye Manor, which gets mixed recent reviews? Is it possible to stay there and still use taxis to get to these sites?

We are senior citizens and don't drive in England.

We don't want to pay more than 140 pounds per night and would prefer to stay in a place where we can get good food in the evening.

Thanks very much!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,532 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels and B&Bs in Sevenoaks

I know where Austen's Cottage is - no more than 10 minutes walk from Sevenoaks Railway Station and in the other direction 7 - 8 minutes walk from the town centre. Thus it is close to everything.

Gravetye Manor is many, many miles from Sevenoaks and in the middle of nowhere. Without a car you would be stranded.

http://www.gravetyemanor.co.uk/

There are few B&B or hotels in Sevenoaks, sad to say.

You can try here

brook-hotels.co.uk/hotels/…

When I was but a mere youth I lived half a mile away and when the building next door was a pub I was hardly out of the place. 5 minutes walk from town centre, 10 minutes walk from Knole House.

Hope that helps.

Barnard Castle...
Level Contributor
241 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels and B&Bs in Sevenoaks

There's a dearth of decent accommodation in Sevenoaks itself. Try looking in the surrounding area.

Barnard Castle...
Level Contributor
241 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels and B&Bs in Sevenoaks

This place I can recommend. Not too far from a railway station (need a taxi to get there but it's only a short ride).

yourcounty.co.uk/kentpubs/thestarandeagle.ht…

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,532 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels and B&Bs in Sevenoaks

The Star and Eagle in Goudhurst is nearly 20 miles from Sevenoaks and 5 miles from the nearest railway station at Paddock Wood!

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels and B&Bs in Sevenoaks

Paddock Wood station is 10 miles from Goudhurst, Staplehurst station is 9 miles, a bus from T. Wells will take you to Goudhurst.

6. Re: Hotels and B&Bs in Sevenoaks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 26, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Sevenoaks
More Sevenoaks Topics