We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pickering Wartime Weekend 11 13 October 2013

Which Pickering hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Topic
Pickering Wartime Weekend 11 13 October 2013

My friend and I have just booked for the event on 11-13 Oct 2013 as accommodation running out fast!

Twin Rooms are quite rare compared with doubles.

Never been before but we are looking at the pics from 2012 and it looks amazing..so authentic minus the air raid sirens! or do they sound too?

I contacted the North Yorkshire Tourist Board and they were extremely helpful

Any snippets of info from previous attendees on the event will be much appreciated.

I look forward to any postings

31. Re: Pickering Wartime Weekend 11 13 October 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:30 am, October 06, 2013
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Pickering Wartime Weekend 11 13 October 2013

we went last year and loved it. the whole town is involved. the shops, locals you name it they do it.

as it is so busy every one wants a bit of the action so they all go that bit further to get your custom. we have found that friday is a good day to visit Goathland (heartbeat town) and Levisham. these two towns are on the rail route but get very busy over the sat and sunday. set the sat nav and go to Goathland first as you are on the way back when you visit the french vilage of levisham. it is the railway station you will need here. its some way out but well worth the visit as it is a german strong hold. enjoy it, bet you will go back, we are.

john and christine todd

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Pickering Wartime Weekend 11 13 October 2013

Hi, myself, hubby and two friends have been for the last three years and it is amazing. Most people dress up and some of the costumes the ladies wear are fantastic. The one thing that gets us every year is seeing German soldiers walking down the street. I will say even though we have been for the last three years we still haven't seen everything. Hope you and your friends enjoy yourselves. Sue Davies

nottingham
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Pickering Wartime Weekend 11 13 October 2013

where they say everyone must get dressed up to go on the train , what standard does it have to be please, as struggling to find me some thing 40s and the thing i have bought for my girls dont fit too

Edited: 2:49 pm, October 05, 2013
sutton in ashfield
Level Contributor
46 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Pickering Wartime Weekend 11 13 October 2013

Not sure how far you are from Newark but there's a fancy dress shop in the market hall called Chuckles. The owners are 'into' the 40's attire & also attend Pickering. They have genuine 40's clothes to hire so maybe worth a look. we hired from here on our 2nd visit.

If not, don't rush into anything go up this year & get a feel for the place then you'll know what you want for 2014 as I'm sure you'll return. Don't hire fancy dress, you'll feel pretty foolish as most people do spend a lot of time & money to look authentic. My wife & I have now sourced & bought our own outfits, it's a great bit of escapism I must say.

Hope you have a great time.

36. Re: Pickering Wartime Weekend 11 13 October 2013

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, May 30, 2014
North York Moors...
Level Contributor
3 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Pickering Wartime Weekend 11 13 October 2013

The latest Guest house in Pickering is THE OLD VICARAGE right in the center of the town. theoldvicaragepickering.co.uk We have just had some friends stay there and they loved it. A historic house tastefully restored in a plush and sympathetic manner. Gets great reviews from others too. Quite the latest in the town and may well have space for people on WAR weekend as its recently opened to the public

38. Re: Pickering Wartime Weekend 11 13 October 2013

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, March 29, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Pickering