We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running at night whilst on holiday in Stirling

Which Stirling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shropshire, UK
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Running at night whilst on holiday in Stirling

Hi

We are staying in Stirling in a holiday cottage for a week from the 15th February. I have just started running as I have signed up for a 10k run in March.

Can anybody recommend any safe running routes to run at night time when it is dark, around 7pm. I will probably be running around 6-8k and will be starting off from Borrows Gate, off Cornton Rd?

Thanks for any help

David

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running at night whilst on holiday in Stirling

Just a thought ; google earth the layout of Stirling Uni Campus. It's generally well lit, has an obvious mobile population and has private security. It's been a few years since I was on the grounds, but I'm pretty certain it won't have changed much and may satisfy your needs ?

Might be an idea to hook up with these guys ,

stir.ac.uk/sports-centre/…

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running at night whilst on holiday in Stirling

Hi,

The university campus would be ideal, especially around the loch but I'm not sure how well lit it is. That week is first week back for students so should be fairly busy and you could easily bus there and back. I would head out to Causewayhead Road, bear left to Airthrey Road and continue into Bridge of Allan (Henderson Street). From there you can cut down by the games park back onto Cornton Road where you can cross the railway line. I am not a runner however but that seems a logical "loop"!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,634 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running at night whilst on holiday in Stirling

Mostly the roads around there are fairly well lit and safe with good pavements. A loop from your place to BofA, Causwayhead Road then Cornton road would be about 6km.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,682 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running at night whilst on holiday in Stirling

Check out the jog Scotland website, there might be a local group you could tag along with?

Shropshire, UK
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Running at night whilst on holiday in Stirling

Thanks for the suggestions everybody, it is a great help. I'm sure I'll be safe enough if anywhere looks a bit dark then I'll just turn back or try another route. I'm off to google maps to have a look at the suggestions. Thanks

6. Re: Running at night whilst on holiday in Stirling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 06, 2015