We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stirling to loch lomand

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
stirling to loch lomand

Is their public transportation to loch lomand? Or day tours. I will not be renting a car.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stirling to loch lomand

You can get a train from Stirling to Glasgow to Balloch at the southern end of the Loch. Loch Lomond is a big body of water. Do you have a particular place in mind?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,864 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stirling to loch lomand

There are no busses etc direct from Stirling. Train to Glasgow and then to balloch will take the best part of two hours

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stirling to loch lomand

I am sure there are day trips (there certainly used to be!) and regular buses.

Have you found anything out yet?

Let me know and I'll pop into the tourist office to check if you haven't found out.

Northampton, England
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stirling to loch lomand

Hi,

I am wondering exactly the same as this person. I am going to get a train from Edinburgh to Stirling have a look around and then hoping to see Loch Lomond. I wouldn't really want to get the train again but was hoping i could get a bus or tour from stirling?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stirling to loch lomand

This is perfectly possible, even in the winter. Get the 0900 number 12 bus from Stirling Bus Station, change at Balfron (C13) and Drymen (309) and you'll be in Balmaha by 1030.

For information like this use www.travelinescotland.com This is a free Scottish Government website all about public transport in Scotland.

6. Re: stirling to loch lomand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 30, 2012