We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance - platform at HAYES & HARLINGTON

Which Hayes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kl
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
distance - platform at HAYES & HARLINGTON

Hello,

I am traveling from by HEATHROW CONNECT train and the change is in HAYES & HARLINGTON by FIRST GREAT WESTERN (train) to READING STATION then plymouth

I would like to find out which platform and the distance between the 2 platforms when hethrow connnect train will change at HAYES & HARLINGTON for the journey to Reading.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance - platform at HAYES & HARLINGTON

I see you have switched from getting the coach to Reading?

If you have done that just to save a few pounds I don't think its a good idea. H&H is a fairly small station (Its long but not much there), you will have to cross over a footbridge to get to another platform (not far) in which case there definitely wont be escalators or lifts so if you have heavy luggage (which was one of your previous concerns) that may be an issue?

Also, as you are arriving in December, if the weather is lousy, there isn't much shelter there, the wind (and rain) will just blow right through.

Finally, all the trains that stop at H&H stop at all the other stations on the way to Reading, so it will be a slow journey, slower than the coach from Heathrow.

I think your original plan of coach to Reading was better.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: distance - platform at HAYES & HARLINGTON

If you get on the rear of the train at Heathrow you will be nearer the footbridge at Hayes & Harlington. Then it's merely a question of up the footbridge, over the line and down the other side - not far at all.

For at least some of the day there are staff at H&H who will assist with luggage over the bridge. (Well there were last time I went that way)

kl
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: distance - platform at HAYES & HARLINGTON

Thanks.

May I find out how many steps of stairs up and down over the bridge?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: distance - platform at HAYES & HARLINGTON

Seriously, if your luggage is that heavy you need to ask, you should get the coach, there are no steps at all involved that way.

Its a standard footbridge, so it must be about 20-25 steps I would think (that would be 25 up and then the same down).

5. Re: distance - platform at HAYES & HARLINGTON

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 09, 2009