We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rogue B and B in Tenby

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rogue B and B in Tenby

I am taking civil action against the Osnok B and B in Tenby after we were treated very badly by them. I have contacted the police, Tourist Information and Visit Wales and they are under investigation.

Are there any other bodies that we can contact to complain and warn others who might walk in to a similar predicament?

Our shower did not work properly, our room was more like an attic cell and we were verbally abused by the landlady in front of a 10 year old.

Most people have been shocked by this and insisted that we take further action. But, apart from our now ongoing court case - what can we do to warn others?

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

refering to Biarritz post, many forums within T A forums seem to suffer the one hit wonders that are parachuted in to the reviews never to be seen again, suprisingly, they are always wonderful reviews???, doubt if T A can do a lot as they are all taken on face value, and there is no way T A can verify them, so I have no doubt it will continue,all I can say, that if they look toooo good , it is up to you to decide??

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

The things is...we wouldn't and, indeed, didn't shorten our stay in Tenby - we left this place because the service and treatment of us were so poor...we couldn't stay...

I had a ten year old with me and I was not going to allow this woman to be rude to and about us in earshot. It was a very unhealthy atmosphere to be in. Neither could I shower her for several days.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

I see what you mean Dozydai -

The other problem is - if Tripadvisor take a while to print the negative reviews and post the positives without question - we have a bias...They have to check them - fair enough - but how long will it take? At the moment there are two negative reviews waiting for this B and B and a fresh new positive one from a first time poster who stresses how 'hot, hot, hot' the showers are despite this being an impossibility....strange...

Had very nice letter from tourist information this morning. I have to say they were diamonds and I'm very glad we went straight to them after this experience.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

The review has been posted. Thank you Trip advisor.

Unfortunately, the owner has decided to write something rude about me under the review...I think she is trying to imply that I had a strange man staying in my room when she knows that was simply not the case...my daughter's father took a heavy case up to my room when I was feeling unwell (he was visiting whilst we were on holiday).

She had already met him, he had already been up to the room with her knowledge and we weren't told that he was not supposed to accompany us upstairs. Bearing in mind that this was in the afternoon and she did not think that he was staying the night (I mentioned this to her in case this was the reason for the extreme rudeness - i.e: 'get off my property!' when he was in the process of leaving and we had apologised for not realising that this was a problem).

She seems to be trying to slur my character as she has no leg to stand on. Her behaviour was atrocious and we didn't - wittingly - do a thing wrong.

I think her response might actually count in our favour as this was the kind of attitude we endured whilst there - very...odd.

Anyway, at least the review is up and people can get a more rounded appraisal. I would hate this to happen to anyone else. My daughter's friend asked if she had been on holiday and the response was - 'well, sort of..but it was awful and I just wanted to come home'.

That is what has made me decide to pursue this.

15. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 15, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Tenby
Recent Conversations