We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memeory Lane Sundowner Motel Twye Bridge, Saundersfoot

Malta
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Memeory Lane Sundowner Motel Twye Bridge, Saundersfoot

Hello Tenby,

Anyone who remebers the Sundowner Motel I was managing it during 1968 - 1969 Michael from malta the chef then was Alviro.

Would like to hear from you

Michael

wales
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Memeory Lane Sundowner Motel Twye Bridge, Saundersfoot

We know Alviro, he is living in Pembroke Dock.

Machynlleth, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memeory Lane Sundowner Motel Twye Bridge, Saundersfoot

Hi I think my Grandfather Len Butts then bought the Sundowner after you. We lived there with them, My two aunts also came with us, Hilary and Hazel. My mother was Len and Hilda's oldest daughter Heather.

I Loved living There.

Is the Motel still there.

Regards

Denise

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memeory Lane Sundowner Motel Twye Bridge, Saundersfoot

Hi,

I was there in March 1970 for three or four months washing up. I'm sure you were the manager then but you say 1968/9? I'm actually writing a part fact part fictionalised account of several years of my life and I've just got to my time at the Sundowner. If I remember correctly you were there with your wife. I can't remember any names but the receptionist had long blond hair, and there were two waitresses sharing a room in the main building near your quarters. I started off in one of the single motel rooms on the first floor and when the season started got moved to the green(?) caravan.

Kind regards

Rod Young

Malta
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Memeory Lane Sundowner Motel Twye Bridge, Saundersfoot

Hi Rod,

You may be right after all it was 1969/70 I think I remember you how are you doing.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memeory Lane Sundowner Motel Twye Bridge, Saundersfoot

Hi Rod,

You may be right after all it was 1969/70 I think I remember you how are you doing.

Hi Michael,

I'm good thanks. I stayed in Saundersfoot last summer and drove up to the Sundowner one day. It's in a very sad state. It appears to be being used by the council to house homeless people. The carports have been filled in to make more accommodation, the pool is full of rubbish, and it's generally very very rundown. I remember it being quite upmarket in it's day with a very popular restaurant. Can you remember how many rooms there were originally and how many the restaurant could seat?

Regards

Rod

6. Re: Memeory Lane Sundowner Motel Twye Bridge, Saundersfoot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tenby
Recent Conversations