We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?

Which Blairgowrie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?

I need to arrange a 10 people or so taxi from Edinburgh to Blaigowrie, and then back again a couple of days later. There will be 8 people with limited baggage so an 8-10 seater should be fine.

Any recommendations for taxi companies in Blaigowrie or should I look on the Edinburgh airport website?

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
alyth, scotland
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?

try 01250 872116 Blairgowrie taxi

01828 628188 Coupar Angus - Ritchie

01828 633132 Alyth

they will all be cheaper than hiring a taxi from Edinburgh - last I checked it was around £120 from EDI and £135 from Glasgow

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?

Thanks I will check them out and report back

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?

People carrier taxis don't usually take 10 people, so picking one up at the airport wouldn't be a good idea. If you are unsure of numbers, max 10, you're probably talking about one small minibus or two standard taxis.

If you're willing to take more time, you could take a combination of buses. Airport - Ferrytoll Park & Ride; then Ferrytoll Park & Ride to Perth; then Perth to Blairgowrie. But you may regard that as way too inconvenient.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,521 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?

Hi Joe, you can try Onward Travel based at EDI http://www.onwardtravel.com/index.php?pid=1 as they have 8 seater Vito's which shoud be big enough if you have limited luggage

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?

Thanks folks, will get round to phoning one or two of these soon. Yes, "people carrier" was just a generic term, there will be 8-10 of us (not sure just how many yet) so just need whatever it is that fits that many people with minimal luggage.

Given the cost is divided between lets say 10, any small difference in cost saving by a combination of buses and trains is definitely far too inconvenient. In any case, even if its say £150 each way, that's only £15 each, I doubt you could match that by train and bus in any case.

So, looking at the fact these 8 seaters are, well, 8 seaters, I need to get people to firm up for sure if they are coming, as 10 will rule that out !

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,308 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?

Hey Joe

there are companies that do 12 seater minibuses from EDI. For example

minibushireedinburgh.org/10-12-seater-minibu…

I know nothing about them so can't say how good they are

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?

Oh dear .... "competative" prices.

It doesn't sound as if its written by a native English (or Scottish) speaker

=====

Minibus Hire Edinburgh is one of the most trusted and famous minibus hire company. We have adequate facilities to serve you in the most efficient way. All through the years, we have been known for our adequate and efficient services. We are the leading company is Edinburgh and its environs. We have well organized systems and mechanisms that will ensure that you are served just the way you want.

======

Think Ill give it a miss but thanks for the heads up anyway.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?

I said I'd come back with an update, I used Blairgowrie taxi (01250 872116) , Rab the owner was our driver in both directions, price was great, Rab was spot on time to pick us up at EDI and also take us back there from Blairgowrie. We had an 8 seater, which did have room in the back for a fair chunk of luggage.

Would definitely recommend Rab / Blairgowrie taxi to anyone looking for airport transport to this area, or for local transport.

Bucharest, Romania
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?

Hello, could you pls tell me how much is a taxi from Perth to Blairgowrie? And maybe where can we find the best price or taxi company? thanks

Reply to: People carrier taxi from Edinburgh airport ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Blairgowrie