We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

Which Whitley Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Wales
1 post
Save Topic
Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

I am going to Whitley Bay for the May bank Holiday weekend, arriving on the Saturday going haome on the Tuesday. I have never been to Whitley bay before can any one recomend places to go for a full on weekend

Newcastle
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

Just don't do it.

Whitey Bay is no place to go for a lads weekend, why bother with Whitley Bay whn you could head to Newcastle instead.

Whitley Bay is a very poor night our, it is just full of 15 year olds or people in their 40's - 50's.

My advice is to head to Newcastle instead, Whitley Bay is a very poor choice for a lads night out.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
90 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

I have a friend who lives in Whitley Bay and she avoids the bars like the plague on a Bank Holiday. I'd go into Newcastle City Centre if I were you. Whitley Bay had its heyday about 15 years ago.

P

3. Re: Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:50 pm, April 11, 2012
Whitley Bay
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

Whitley Bay On a Bank Holiday is GREATTTTTTTTTTTTT.... Sun SEA SAND & a GOOD atmosphere. People say here that Whitley Bay is rough. I went to the BIGG Market in Newcastle & saw about 20 fights in 1 night, 2 of which ending up in people getting carted off in ambulances.....& just to inform you...thats where most of the people who go to Whitley Bay on a Bank Holiday end up on the Nghttime. So Whitley Bay is only as rough as newcastle is then eh? I love the night life in Whitley Bay and the comments about it are really unfair. It tends to be the locals ( Morgans from Gateshead & Hume from Newcastle) who are slagging the place. I've met loads of people who come back year after year to whitley bay because its so good...............so get a life I say...........Newcastle is a great night out..............but it is a major city & you can't compare them. Its like comparing New York with Dagenham.........that's in Essex in case anyone doesn't know....& it doesn't compare.

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

PARTYMAN.....Do you actually live in Whitley Bay or even the North East??

The purpose of this website is to advice people on the location to avoid disappointment when they arrive.

Yes there are fights in Newcastle as there will be in every city in the UK on a weekend, but its important to give people a clear idea of what's going on. I'm sure the police in Whitley bay wont have their feet up on Bank holiday Monday.

For the Government to be looking to invest 60 million into a relatively small town clearly shows the need to improve things dramatically.

Fatboyo,

I hope you have a good weekend, have a read through some of the other peoples feedback/comments.

Whitley Bay
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

Morgan- no I live in Essex, but I went to Uni in Newcastle & did have a good student life there, but my mates always want to go to Whitley when we come back to the North East for a visit.

I know what you say about the 60 mill, but from what I'm told most of that is for housing & the theatre, plus some council offices. How many millions have been spent on the Quayside? What was the Quayside like before it was regenerated? Scrap yards & falling down buildings? PartyMan

newcastle
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

whitley bay is MINT bank holiday monday on the sat and sun thou i reccomend newcastle ppl r talkin poop bout whitley it aint rough n it has a mix of all different ages i go every year and a wkd time!!

bolton
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

hey fatboyo! im 18 yrs old and me n my m8s went down to whitley bay 4 easter weekend!! we had 2 come back on monday!! we were even contemplating staying an extra nite so we could be there 4 bank holiday, honestly we have not had such a minter of a time we was so gutted to leave! and also everyone whilst you are out are all so friendly its like 1 huge party at whitley!! the one downside is the clubs shut early!! on sunday we got kicked out of eden at 1!! which is pretty crap realli 4 a nightclub but it wasnt that great anyway!! all the locals who we were talkin to were telling us to avoid the hairy lemon pub & eden!! they say the best place is deep, which is another nightclub on the seafront!! hope u hav a brill time!! and also we were the youngest in whitley i can assure you, most people were around 20-30 and there were a few hen and stag partys! i would reccommend whitley to everyone if there looking for a good cheap weekend away! hope you find this useful!! its not as bad as all the other posts are making it out to be!! me and my friends are going back in the immediate future and looking forward to it already!!

xxxx

Edinburgh
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

I went to Whotley Bay for bank holiday weekend, and had a terrible time. The bars were really poor, the hotel was a dive.

I can only imagine that people who say it is good are the people who run the bars and hotels, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Northumberland
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Whitley Bay on a bank holiday

Getinshirty?

Getin OLD.

Only people with crappy mates and the inability to pull have a crap time in Whitley Bay.

It is fantastic.

If you want a fun filled weekend Fatboyo, go there and love it!

Get answers to your questions about Whitley Bay