We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice things to do with young children on the island

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nice things to do with young children on the island

Hi, Can anyway suggest any great things to do with children on the island? Many thanks ;-)

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice things to do with young children on the island

Wild life park

Groudle glen miniature railway (spelling?)

The beach with billions of scallop shells in Peel (left of the castle if you're facing it. Someone will come along and name this beach I am sure. It has amazing shells).

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice things to do with young children on the island

Thank you for that,sounds great can remember when I was younger now. Do you know if there is an indoor swimming pool if its raining?

Many thanks

Alex

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
847 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice things to do with young children on the island

How about a trip on the steam train to Port Erin and a paddle on the beach and crab sandwiches at the cosy Nook Cafe

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice things to do with young children on the island

How old are your children? Mine are 3, 9 and 10. Outdoor highlights include Port Erin beach for sandcastles, paddling and rock pooling, Mooragh Park, Ramsey for playpark, splash park, skate park, tennis, bmx track and not to mention rowing on the lake, Onchan Park for playpark, crazy golf, pitch and put, boating lake, small speedway track for demolition derby, then there are the glens, plantations (Ape Mann and Laser Mayhem, South Barrule), and all the beaches oh and the heritage sites for castles, museums etc etc.

Indoor attractions are the NSC, Douglas for swimming, 2 flumes and waterfountains etc, bowling alley in Ramsey, soft play centre at Castletown (Shorties) cinema in Douglas, indoor laser blast and soft play at Onchan (Whitebridge Farm)..........

Better get the kids to bed now, hope that helps!

Angela

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice things to do with young children on the island

Thank you everyone, very helpful ;-) Think I might need to indoor options as weather not looking great for next week ;-) I am sure we will have a lovely time though ;-)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice things to do with young children on the island

I love to go bowling in ramsey at the sure bowling alley and then go out for lunch near by, there's also swimming and movies

7. Re: Nice things to do with young children on the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 07, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man