We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to the IOM ferry from Heysham/Liverpool

Peel, Isle Of Man
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
travelling to the IOM ferry from Heysham/Liverpool

Hi

I am getting the Ferry from Heysham at 02.00am on 8th July.

I land in Liverpool at 23.10 on the 7th July.

I need to find a way up to the Heysham ferry to get back to the IOM for Monday morning.

Can any body help? Will anybody be travelling around the same time with 3 spare seats for a bit of extra cash?

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to the IOM ferry from Heysham/Liverpool

Might be a bit tight for time for the car driver if you hope to get a lift from someone travelling with a car on the ferry. Our booking for a daytime sailing says we have a last check-in time 45 minutes before sailing. If the same for the 02.00 service that means by 01.15. You then have a 75 mile journey up the M6. So you have to be driving away from the airport before midnight? So you have under 50 minutes to allow for disembarking the plane, collecting luggage and getting out of the terminal and fingers crossed you don't have a late flight.

A pre-booked car service sounds safer?

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to the IOM ferry from Heysham/Liverpool

when you book a car onto a ferry you have to name all your passengers, I wouldnt pick anyone up, it would just complicate things. And do you mean there are three of you? Book a taxi or similar.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to the IOM ferry from Heysham/Liverpool

They would travel as foot passengers?

As the OP already booked the ferry , sounds like it

From another thread I see you have had aTaxi quote of £85.

Between three thats less than thirty pounds each , I don't think you will get much cheaper

Besides I think that you are really very tight on time that would be my concern, getting from Liverpool to Heysham in under three hours wheels down to just before cast off.

Good luck and I hope a Good Samaritan is on your flight.

I.e someone who is flying into Liverpool , has a big enough car , just the driver and is going to the ferry terminal in Heysham or is prepared to take a detour

I hope it works that way

Good luck

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to the IOM ferry from Heysham/Liverpool

I repeat what I said on your other thread, I think you will be pushing it to get to Heysham on time even with the flight arriving on time and a swift passage through customs etc. Have you looked at flights over to IOM?

Good luck with it tho.

Peel, Isle Of Man
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling to the IOM ferry from Heysham/Liverpool

foot passangers on a different booking can go in a car thats booked on not a problem, done it loads before.

booked a flight now anyway.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling to the IOM ferry from Heysham/Liverpool

Is that a flight home FROM. Liverpool to the IOM?

Because it is not clear from your other thread

This has lead to two people posting in good faith in reply information that you have scorned.

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
7. Re: travelling to the IOM ferry from Heysham/Liverpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man