We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isle of Man Tips for Travel

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Isle of Man Tips for Travel

Hi All,

My partner and I are from Australia. I am leaving in September to study at the University of Bath for 6 months. My partner will be coming over in December 2012 for 3 weeks. Obviously this is not the most optimal time for travel in this region but the entire study tour will be placing a strain on the budget so we are looking for great travel tips over the December period.

Our trip begins 15 December 2012 and we would like to be in Cambridge for Christmas Eve - Christmas day then head back to London. I was thinking we would head to Ireland for a few days then on to the Isle of Man.

Has anyone stayed in Ireland and Isle of Man over the winter period?

Is everything still open?

Where do you catch the ferry from Ireland to get to Isle of Man?

Any accommodation tips?

What is there to see and do in winter?

Do we need a car? If so, where should we pick one up from?

We are in our early 30's, no children, very relaxed. We will not have seen each other for 4 months by that time so something romantic would be ideal, roaring fire perhaps! We would enjoy all the luxuries of 4 & 5 star hotels, however, we would just love a unique experience in say a really good B&B or guest stay (minimum own bathroom standard).

Would love tips from people who have been there it winter - Thank you!

1. Re: Isle of Man Tips for Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:54 am, February 18, 2015
Edited: 7:54 am, February 18, 2015
Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isle of Man Tips for Travel

Have spent a few Christmas in the Isle Of Man, stayed in Peel and watched the mad buggars run into the sea at -6 degrees in fancy dress for charity, Niarbyl is beautiful, it is cold at that time of year but still great.

3. Re: Isle of Man Tips for Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man