We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just 2 questions

Denmark
Level Contributor
481 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Just 2 questions

Hello and greetings from Denmark!

I am planning my next year trip to Britain.

I think, that I would like to visit Isle of Man so I have 2 questions.

1) Is there anywhere in the isle a historic pub worth visiting?

2) Do you know how much (more or less) it costs to fly from IOM to Glasgow, where I might continue my trip?

Thanks!

Cheers

Oscar :-)

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Just 2 questions

jakesnan; you're a treasure! Steam Packet Holidays have been back to us; willing to help but not that nice and of course rubbishing TA reviews.

They've offered us the Welbeck which is No. 2 on the reviews. We do want town centre, mainly for the evenings. We don't need country quiet, just don't want the night club below and noisy car park behind. We will have our car (it's only £29 in Oct); mainly for convenience of home to hotel with all our luggage and for touring the island all day on the Saturday.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Just 2 questions

Jim Cardiff, if it was me that set your sails up, so be it.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to check all your past posts to see the didgy facts in your current ones.

I could care less if you loved the island in the past or not, I only had problems with the post to which I responded. And I expect, some of the shops that were closed down when you came in easter may now have other shops. who knows really, but they probably do.

Like I have said, been all over the world, incl Wales, and Ramsey compares favorably to many places. At least you weren't set upon and killed by yobs on our local high street like my partners work colleage was in the UK last week.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,035 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Just 2 questions

Jakesnan.

You are doing such a great job for Manx tourism that I really think you should apply for the post over here.

And yes, to agree with Jim, the Island's transport links are/can be a rip off for short notice trips (for us too, going off island for weddings/funerals etc.,) BUT if you can book ahead there are some bargains around by air where there IS competition unlike the Packet Monopoly.

england
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Just 2 questions

lol xxxxxxx

35. Re: Just 2 questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, October 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man