We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IOW pubs and tea houses

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
IOW pubs and tea houses

We will be in several places Shanklin, Godshill, Needles, and Osborne House. Can you recommend places to stop in for refreshment and with atmosphere? Thanks. Marlyne

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,785 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IOW pubs and tea houses

Godshill is the town of tearooms. Nearly every other house is one. One in particular has grapes growin down from the ceiling indoors (I forget the name unfortunately).

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IOW pubs and tea houses

Thanks. I'll look for it. Marlyne

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IOW pubs and tea houses

If you are looking for a tearoom in Shanklin you would not do better than going to The Old Thatch Tea Shop, 4 Church Road, Shanklin. They offer a really good Cream Tea and a lovely cup of tea made with loose leaf tea in good quality tea cups. The ambience of the tearoom is old fashioned, has loads of atmosphere and I thoroughly recommend it!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IOW pubs and tea houses

Rylestone Tea Gardens - Shanklin. Beautiful flower gardens serving excellent food. Huge sandwiches and cake portions.

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IOW pubs and tea houses

Thanks for more ideas. Marlyne

Essex
Level Contributor
29,057 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IOW pubs and tea houses

If you are going to visit there, have tea at the Tea House at the bottom of Shanklin Chine, really pretty setting, and if you are lucky the friendly Robin will come along and perch on your knee!:

http://www.shanklinchine.co.uk/

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IOW pubs and tea houses

Great website. We will have to see the Chine. Thanks. Marlyne

Shanklin Isle of...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: IOW pubs and tea houses

Marlyne,

give the Plough and Barleycorn a try in Shanklin Town, freshly prepared food with a great selection on the daily specials board and mid-week specials, I take the family there usually once a month, It's great.

http://ploughandbarleycorn.co.uk/default.aspx

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IOW pubs and tea houses

Thanks. I will check it out. Marlyne

10. Re: IOW pubs and tea houses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, April 21, 2012
Edited: 4:05 pm, April 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Shanklin
More Shanklin Topics