We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santana Holiday Appartments

Which Paignton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rutland
1 post
Save Topic
Santana Holiday Appartments

Booked a week in this place as the pics of the appartment looked great and very close to the sea front. When we arrived we were very disapointed with the condition of the acommodation. It says that flat 2 is ideal for small family or couples...well i felt very uncomfortable about letting my dog stay let alone my 5 month old daugther. It's a great flat should your plans involve going out and getting drunk every night and aren't too concerned about where you sleep or eat.

West Midlands
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Santana Holiday Appartments

Have paid a deposit for Aug 2009 , and cannot get a reply from Mathew Rainey , any body else having problems with Santana Holiday apartments in Paignton regarding their booking confirmation .

STOCKPORT
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Santana Holiday Appartments

Hi, Yes we booked for Aug 2009 too. We are due to pay the balance shortly, but you know when you just have that fealing that something is just not right. I tried to contact by email, no answer. His phone number doesn't connect either. I contacted the Tourist Board and they said that they were trying to contact him too. They strongly advised not to send any money. I agree with them. We have stayed there before and I agree that it was not the ritz hotel, but we just hoped that he had spent a little money on the furnishings. We have taken the tourists board advise and found alternative accomodation. I think you should do the same. Good Luck.

chesterfield
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Santana Holiday Appartments

Hi,DO NOT GIVE THIS CREEP YOUR MONEY!!!

i stayed there last year with my mum and family and was disgusted by what we found,let alone by the creepy landlord that was sleeping in a cupboard at the top of the stairs!

My mum had rebooked these apartments again this year as shes disabled and couldnt find anywhere else suitable for her.

She arrived there yesterday to find that both apartments that she'd paid matthew rainey £800 for had both been let already to permanent tenants....she was left totally stranded with her husband and 4 children.

And to top it all off,another family also turned up at the same time to find that they had been fleeced too.

he refuses to answer phone calls and text messages,but replied to 1 message saying he had gone bankrupt...in that case why is this creep still taking bookings and peoples money???

and why is he still sub letting to permanent tenants???

It is totally out of order and has caused a lot of distress to my family...he needs to be stopped,he is nothing more than a common thief,

beware and steer clear of santana apartments!

Leeds
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Santana Holiday Appartments

DON'T BOOK WITH SANTANA HOLIDAY APARTMENTS - HE'S A CON MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paid a deposit of £200 back in dec 2008 for 2 weeks holiday in August 2009 and it was like trying to get blood out of a stone re getting conformation from this Matthew Rainey that he had received and booking was for certain !! Finally got an email back from him confirming this and the deposit for £200, but nothing more since then. Then an email received a few weeks ago advising he's gone bankrupt and that holiday was cancelled !!!!! refund offered and i've sent him something in the post requesting money back which the email offers.......but 2 weeks later no response to either further emails or telephone which is now disconnected. Have complained to the local tourist board re him and to trading standards.....next step is Solicitor !!!! We have booked 2 weeks alternative accomodation in Paignton now which was a struggle for the same dates 6 weeks before you are due to go as things get booked up then.......but if no refund of this £200 is received, then i shall be paying Mr Rainey a personal visit at that proporty's address when we do go down and if he answers will be have a word or 2 with him and possibly something else........boys in blue on standby i think !!!!

DO NOT BOOK WITH SANTANA HOLIDAY APARTMENTS - HE'S A CON MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Re: Santana Holiday Appartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, July 05, 2009
6. Re: Santana Holiday Appartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 01, 2010