We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in barrow-in-furness

Edinburgh
1 post
Save Topic
staying in barrow-in-furness

hi, i have a job interview in barrow-in-furness and will be staying overnight there. as a female travelling alone can anyone recommend somewhere to me?

Thanks

Lake District
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying in barrow-in-furness

Been to Barrow with work a couple of times and staying in some pretty grotty places namely the Imperial and the Whitehouse. Avoid these places at all costs. Full of contractors and sailors!

There is a nice hotel called Abbey House but may be pricey. There is also a travel lodge.

Hope this helps

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
87 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying in barrow-in-furness

don't know why anybody would want to come to Barrow myself!!... but definitely the best hotel here is Abbey House Hotel, though, as Watson says, it is also the priciest!!

The Travelodge has only been open about a year, so it should be a nice place to stay, although it is only small and i'm almost certain it has no breakfast facilities.

Mentioned in this post
Abbey House Hotel
Abbey House Hotel
836 Reviews
Barrow-in-Furness, UK
Travelodge Barrow in Furness
Travelodge Barrow in...
351 Reviews
Barrow-in-Furness, UK
Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
82 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying in barrow-in-furness

for value for money try travelodge or for character try the King Alfred on Walney Island or if you're not paying the bill the Clarence house hotel in Dalton-in-furness 3 miles out of town is a nice country house hotel with good restaurant

Mentioned in this post
King Alfred
King Alfred
34 Reviews
Barrow-in-Furness, UK
Get answers to your questions about Barrow-in-Furness
More Barrow-in-Furness Topics