We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is good to eat please?

Manchester
Level Contributor
352 posts
262 reviews
Save Topic
Where is good to eat please?

Hi

We are soon staying in Windmere and are looking for some nice places to eat in walking distance of our B&B.

I have read some bad reviews of the restaurants in both Bowness and Windermere. Can you recommend the best places to eat, we would be looking to eat in a nice restaurant / bistro one night and then have a good pub meal another. We aren't fussy eaters and like any type of food.

Also where are the best places for a drink?

Many thanks

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is good to eat please?

Suggest Jerichos in Windermere for posh and Brown Horse Winster for pub.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
449 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is good to eat please?

Here's another for 'The Brown Horse'at Winster, also a short drive away is 'The Masons Arms' Strawberry Bank near Bowland Bridge, both do excellent food.

Manchester
Level Contributor
352 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is good to eat please?

Thank you for all the suggestions. I guess the two pubs are not walking distance from Windermere, any idea how much a taxi would be? We plan not to use the car when we get to Windermere and I know my husband would like a drink with dinner!

Thanks

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
449 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is good to eat please?

Might be worth giving one of the local Taxi Firms a ring, there's Pegasus, Abacus and B Line to name a few!

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is good to eat please?

Try The Angel Inn or The White House Hotel, we`ve eaten at both and found the food to be nice.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is good to eat please?

If you like Thai food I would recommend Jintana in Bowness. A great 'proper' pub is The Watermill at Ings, great food, great atmosphere and they brew their own beer.

gib
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is good to eat please?

2 good places in bowness Robertos a bit expensive but good food,and best value pub grub at the albert great stuff!!!

8. Re: Where is good to eat please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:31 am, May 23, 2015
9. Re: Where is good to eat please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 28, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Bowness-on-Windermere