We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Restaurants in Bowness-on-Windermere

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Restaurants in Bowness-on-Windermere

I am staying in Bowness-on-Windermere in October and i am looking for some recommendations on places to eat.

We want modern Mediterranean/International type food, not bothered about cost.

We're not looking for pub food.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bowness-on-Windermere
Bowness-on-Windermere
Lake District, UK
Choccobar
$$ - $$$, European, Cafe, Belgian
Graze
$, Contemporary, Cafe, British
Porto Restaurant
$$$$, European, British
manchester
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Recommended Restaurants in Bowness-on-Windermere

We were in Bownesson Windemere last weekend. We ended up eating at Villa Positano on local recommendation.It looks nice but don't be fooled. The front of house manager is dour. No hellos or welcome or smiles. She told us could have the table until 7.15. The food was dreadful myself and my husband ordered lasagne a classic italian dish which tasted of nothing and had been microwaved. I know because it had hot spots and I burnt my mouth twice. My children had spagetti bolognaise which tasted very odd like there was sausage meat in it. The staff are unhelpful as I struggled to leave the pram outside three staff were standing near by and noone helped. Just because we are tourists I don't see why we deserved to be ripped off. After all tourists do return to places.

Avoid at all costs.

Mentioned in this post
Villa Positano
Villa Positano
1,432 Reviews
Bowness-on-Windermere, UK
Lincoln, England
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Recommended Restaurants in Bowness-on-Windermere

Try Lazy Daisy's in Windermere. Excellent varied menu - separate daytime and evening menus (and prices) - children's menus as well. We stayed in Bowness for three nights in April and were that impressed with the food on the first night we went twice more - why risk others when the first is so good ? Highly recommended.

Mentioned in this post
Windermere
Windermere
Lake District, UK
Windermere, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Recommended Restaurants in Bowness-on-Windermere

The trattoria ticino on the lake road in bowness is a Swiss Italian restaurant, it is on the corner of the Quarry Rigg shopping ctr, the food is fab the service is great, they don't usually take children as it has a grownups type of atmosphere which is fine for us as a couple, I love the tarragon Chicken on a bed of pasta, the portions are of a good size and the wines are good quality, happy eating cheers gail

14. Re: Recommended Restaurants in Bowness-on-Windermere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bowness-on-Windermere