We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

6 posts
1 review
Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

Hi. I've never been to Wetherby before. I have arranged to meet friends there in Oct. I'm driving up from Peterborough & they are driving down from Keswick. Can anyone recommend a good place to park for the day?

10 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,404 posts
441 reviews
1. Re: Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

It’s not a big place, I suggest two easily recognised options - the motorway service area on the A1(M) NE of the town or the Morrison’s supermarket in town which has a cafe for the first to arrive to wait.... 7 Horsefair, Wetherby, LS22 6FL

Edited: 3:12 pm, September 23, 2018
6 posts
1 review
2. Re: Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

Thank-You I did have a look at the Morrison's & wondered if that would be quite Central. Thank you so much for your help 😁

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

Strictly speaking the car park at Morrisons is for their customers only . I have parked there myself but only for an hour and always made sure I’ve gone and bought something from the store. You will probably be ok , but just to be aware there are signs - customers only !

6 posts
1 review
4. Re: Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

Hi Thank you for your response. I fully agree. It will be an ideal spot to meet up and have a coffee first. I did see there is a car park at the Bandstand, we could possibly drive there & weather permitting have a wander around.

North Yorks, England
Level Contributor
378 posts
76 reviews
5. Re: Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

Morrisons is only 2 hours free parking - Parking eye monitor by ANPR and will fine you if you overstay. The Wilderness car park by the River/bandstand is free all day but is popular. Alternatively the old station car park is free all day and less popular. Don't park at the motorway services it's too far from town and has no pedestrian access.

6 posts
1 review
6. Re: Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

Hi Helen.

Thank you for all the information, that gives us plenty to choose from. Looking forward to visiting now 😁

North Yorks, England
Level Contributor
378 posts
76 reviews
7. Re: Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

Have a lovely day - I can recommend North St Deli, Pomfrets or Bar 3 for lunch. Don't miss Touchwood a great shop selling EVERYTHING !

Enjoy

6 posts
1 review
8. Re: Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

Thank You, it's always good to have recommendations and know the best places to go. Much appreciated.

surrey
Level Contributor
44 posts
31 reviews
9. Re: Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

If you like fish and chips I recommend The Wetherby Whaler opposite Martin House charity shop.it has the best fish and chips! Either take away or there is a cafe upstairs.there is a lift access if the stairs to it are too cheap along the side of the building. It is always busy but usually only a short wait for a table. Not suitable for vegetarians as the chips are cooked in beef dripping. There are some independent shops in Wetherby., Cairns the jewellers, The Market Place Deli , Castlegate stationary, you and your friend will enjoy a look around.

6 posts
1 review
10. Re: Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.

Thank you Helen. Fish & Chips sound yummy, unfortunately my friend is a vegetarian 😂. We will enjoy wandering around, I've taken note of all your suggestions. Looking forward to visiting now. Feel like in getting to know the place.

Reply to: Best Parking for Shops & restaurants.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wetherby