We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pubs/Nightclubs !

Which Weymouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pubs/Nightclubs !

Hello,

Will be visiting Weymouth on a lads weekend. Any suggestions for the best nightclubs, pubs to visit.

Poole UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Pubs/Nightclubs !

There are loads and loads of pubs and clubs - depends what you want. Are you looking for classy or cheesy? What sort of music?

If you give more details I'll come back to you.

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Pubs/Nightclubs !

As sunnypoole says, there are literally hundreds of pubs ranging from cheesey chain pubs to traditional Real Ale type places.

If you head into the town centre you'll never be more than 100 yards from a pub - the ones located here are generally your less sophisticated of places. If you prefer something a little more traditional and quieter then head for the harbourside

The nightclubs are plentiful - here's a brief overview:

Banus - a bit more sophisticated than the others. Nice bars and playing half decent dance music

Harry's - your traditional meat market. Apparently it's been refurbished lately. Haven't been for years & never enjoyed going there in the first place

Dusk - not too bad, a student favourite. Modern interior and quite popular

Rendezvous - another meat market, cheesy as hell and full of youngsters

Lazy Lizard - more of a late night pub really. Pretty chilled out with a Surf theme. Live music upstairs. A decent place to have a drink but still hear yourself think.

Dorothy's - the late night drinking venue of Weymouth. Tends to be frequented by slightly older people, but open till the very small hours. Why not stay for breakfast??

Goldfingers - Weymouth's version of Spearmint Rhino. Be warned, it's nothing like Spearmint Rhino and i'd recommend wearing Beer Goggles before going here

Some of the big chain pubs have late licenses too eg Que Pasa & Yates'

If in doubt, just ask a local & they'll point you in the right direction

Have fun in my home town!!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Pubs/Nightclubs !

Hi,

Sunnyprice, Terracoota76 thanks for your posts. In reponse to your questions.

I will be visiting Weymouth as part of a lads weekend, so some serious drinking will be done! The type of clubs were into is a decent club playing some of the Old Skool Dance Tunes or a good late pub playing the same sort of thing.

Which is the best night in your opinion, Friday or Saturday in terms of atmosphere to go out?

Also can you recommend a place that sells decent pub grub, reasonablly priced?

One final question. Am I right in thinking that Weymouth has a JD Wetherspoon called the swan? Any Good?

Once again thanks for your advice.

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Pubs/Nightclubs !

Head for the Brewer's Quay/Hope Square area by the harbour for decent, reasonably priced food. Try either of these pubs - The Old Rooms, The Red Lion or The Excise house

As for drinking i'd head for a bar called 2012 for pre-club drinks and then maybe head to Dusk or Banus which will all be playing the sort of tunes you're after. Both are within 50 yards of eachother. There's not really much difference between Friday or Saturday night in general, although Saturday is probably the busier of the two, particularly in summer

Have a good one!

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Pubs/Nightclubs !

PS: There is a Weatherspoons called The Swan - right by the Town Bridge. It's ok but they don't play any music in there & its non smoking.

dorset
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Pubs/Nightclubs !

Harry's Harry's Harry's!

Harry's is the only place in town where the beer is cheap, the music is awesome and and the staff take no prisinors! It's the only place i've been in Weymouth where you can have a laugh and a beer with the staff and they always make you feel welcome - just dont upset them as you'll be leaving rapidly!!!

Every one slags it off but everyone always ends up there as it has the best atmosphere.

Banus is ok but try not to enjoy yourself as you'll be removed from the building. Looks nice but a tad expensive.

Rendezvouse is kinda cheese heaven. They've tried to split the floors and music but failed miserably. The people who go there have their heads firmly stuck in their anus. Nuff said.

Dusk is the next best chioce from Harry's. I cant remember the beer prices but the music is normally ok and they open very late.

Baracuda (formally the old rectory) is a nice bar but unfortunately doesnt have the look or feel to be a club. Good starting point for a big night out.

Dots (dorathy Inn) is the place to go if you want to grab a granny. Expensive beer and wrinkles all round.

Que Pasa & Yates's have all the fine chicks early evening but they always drift away around midnight. Fit chicks but high prices!

My suggestion to anyone coming to weymouth would be to Hit the small pubs on the way into town (if you start around the trainstation area you'll find the prices are cheaper than chips) the work your way to town aiming towards Baraccuda then randomly find your way round. Head to Harry's around midnight then when that shuts at 4 aim for Dusk until 6am. JOB DONE

Beaconsfield...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Pubs/Nightclubs !

Hello,

I was reading this forum and its couple years old now but has Weymouth changed much for clubs pre-beer drinks etc ??

thanks alot for any advice

Dorset
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Pubs/Nightclubs !

I live in Weymouth and think all the pubs are too shallow to have as a local like the good old days. The only place that comes close to cater for my needs/tastes is Finn McCouls formerly Flannigans the only place with a good natural atmosphere and good music!!

9. Re: Best Pubs/Nightclubs !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 22, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Weymouth