We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paralympics

Which Weymouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hastings
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Paralympics

Hiya

Wil there be a big screen on the beach for the paralympics as well - for events and for the opening and closing ceremonies?

Ta

Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
230 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paralympics

Dont think there will be big screen on beach, because the ICCI360 dome outside the Pavilion is showing the opening ceremony on 29/8 Free! doors open 7pm. They are also listing Channel 4 viewings in their programme, which I assume is paralympic games (as Ch.4 are broadcasting those not Beeb) until 9th Sept, but these screenings are only for a couple of hours. If I find out any more I will post info here. Of course you could always come to Weymouth to view in person, plenty of places to view (see previous postings on Olympics)

The ICCI dome is part of the Maritime Mix/Cultural Olympiad. These websites might help.

www.maritimemix2012.co.uk or www.plymouth.ac.uk/ICCI360.

There is lots of other things going on inside this dome too and its there till 9/9.

Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
230 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paralympics

The sailing for the paralympics is unticketed, The best places to see the paralympic sailing apparently is : The Rodwell Trail; Sandsfoot beach, and Hamm Beach (on road to Portland- nearest car park is Chesil Beach Centre). Also Castle Cove beach, but I believe there is a small charge there. This is in addition to the screen at the ICCI dome. We still have our Ollympic ambassadors around town, who will direct you to any of the places mentioned. Come and enjoy!

3. Re: Paralympics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Weymouth