We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skirlington

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Skirlington

Hi, goin skirlington holiday park in July for our hols, does anyone know any good pubs / restaurants to eat at in the area?

Was looking in Hornsea and skipsea as there not too far.

Thanks Darren

Ps is the skipsea golf club any good?

11 replies to this topic
Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skirlington

Also are kids are 3 & 5 and my brothers are 12 & 14 if you can recommend any good places to visit, seen a ice cream place near which looks good :)

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skirlington

mr moos the ice cream place down the road is DELICIOUS they make ice cream on site and you will see it in many shops around bridlington or scarborough!

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skirlington

the fish and chip shop on site is good and reasonable as onsite eating. the pub tow bar inn is ok but portions were small. Breakfast at the cafe on a morning was 3.99 last year and included cuppa. Eating out varies from carveries to varied pubs etc in bridlington. Hoping for hot weather in july so bbbq time! We like the site and will be there in july too. Nighttime entertainment for kids is basic but fair and most of all the whole site is ok for families with medium size pool, arcade and market (VERY BUSY) coaches arriving hourly!!

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skirlington

mr moos the ice cream place down the road is DELICIOUS they make ice cream on site and you will see it in many shops around bridlington or scarborough!

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skirlington

Thanks for the info garyheather, we have been goin havens but sick of them so though we try something new. Lookin forward to this place after seeing good reviews.

Daz

Wakefield
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skirlington

Skirlington is a lovely little caravan park, 10 times better than the bigger more crowded Haven sites like Primrose valley. The only problem is that everything is smaller, eg swimming pool, shop, kids club etc, but you don't need to go to the kids club at 6pm to get a seat like you do at Primrose valley.

Ther aren't too many pubs around, there's one on site called the Tow bar, which did lovely food when we last went in 2008.

As I said everything is small, but clean. Its a lovely site & we won't hesitate to go back again, which we do about every 4 years.

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skirlington

Off there next week, we all can't wait. Just making a list now of some places to go. Any ideas?

york
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Skirlington

Skirlington leisure park

A decent little park but the shop is very expensive,i booked a night here and also fished the lake i wish i didnt bother the lake was full of green silt also the amount of goose s-hit around the lake was unbelivable,overall these are very happy to take alot of money from you in exchange for a s-hite service.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skirlington

we go to this lovely holiday camp every year. i have 3 kids who all love going here age 4,5 and 7 all love the club. the fish shop on site is really nice, we have not yet eaten from the pub but are told that it is lovely.drinks are the same as pubs back home not like over caravan sites that make you pay more. hornsea is only down the road but not a lot to do,brid is only about 20 mins drive away where you can spend all day if you wanted. the market that is on site every sunday is really big but does get very busy. all in all a lovely family holiday camp where you are a person and not just a number like you are in big caravan sites. would we go back yes do i tell friends and family to go yes. :)

Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Skirlington

If you get to hornsea, sullivans fish and chip shop is lovely. Take away and restaurant area. I'm from the area and it is very well known and popular!

Reply to: Skirlington
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about East Riding of...