We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

Hi all,

Hopefully Marchhamchurch is considered close enough to fall under the Bude envelope.

Last time we tripped down to North Cornwall in September 2012 the Buller's Arms in Marchamchurch had gone off from what we expected and were looking for compared to a trip a few years before (a local pub with good atmosphere and food walkable from the holiday let we were staying in).

Now in planning another trip this September, and I did some searching and found a couple of Facebook pages and local news articles about its closure, the drive to save it and its reopening...all of which looked good. However, so far no website (even just plugging www.<thedomainnameofthecontactemail> in gives a suspended domain).

I've looked at the reviews here since the re-opening and again very encouraging but limited on details, and asked on their Facebook page about the menu and website.

Has anyone been there since the re-opening and able to add anything to the reviews in terms of what sort of things they are doing foodwise and what sort of price bracket they are in - or indeed any comments about the pub and its hopefully rosy future, please?

Any info greatly appreciated, thanks!

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

As a quick note, I had a Facebook reply inside a minute from the pub themselves about the website and menus, so I guess I'm now really after if anyone has personal impressions/opinions beyond the half dozen reviews in TA, Thanks!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

Hi myrm...

Yes the Bullers Arms has thankfully re-opened under new management....I have not yet visited there since its re-opening though, but I always loved the pub. Marhamchurch really needed that focal point and of course the placed is steeped in history..

Enjoy your stay in September....!

Fi

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
100 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

We are in Bude next week...could check it out. Post code?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

Hi dramaqueen.......EX23 0HB

Fi

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

I was there a couple of weeks ago and had the Sunday lunch carvery, which was excellent.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

Yup - I have been keeping an eye on the menu and the listings of what they have on in anticipation. I find out Saturday when we get there and looking forward to it as reports seem overwhelmingly positive and Im desperate to avoid the disappointment we had on returning to the place in 2012. So far its looking good though!

Edited: 3:37 am, September 01, 2014
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

The Bullers has been popular throughout the summer season....

Fi

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

Even better news, Fi! It seemed to be going well from their Facebook page, nice to now that reflects reality.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

Still haven't been able to eat here yet...Saturday was a really big event there so they were full...no food Sunday evening and it turns out no food done Monday evenings there either I was just told when I went in. Oh well just have to wait till Wednesday night.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buller's Arms, Marhamchurch

Quite a few pubs go back to only serving food Wednesday through to Sunday Lunch only in September (and the winter months). Hope you get to have a meal soon!

Fi

Get answers to your questions about Bude