We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car parks

Which Fowey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
County Antrim...
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
car parks

i came in to car park on saturday morning at 9am parking is free to this time , the ticket machine will not give change all i had was 10 pounds for a 1.30 £ ticket i took a five stroll up the the town to get change came back brought ticket at 9:11 and got to the car and the warden was sticking a fine on my car , i tried to explain to him and he told me too bad , as a tourist from n ireland i was unsure of how to pay fine i asked him what to do with ticket and with a smirk he said that you can leave it on the window or take it off and walked away , i send the week in fowey spending close to a 1000£ in the local area , this just left a real bitter taste in my mouth and my thoughts were why should i ever come back

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: car parks

A slight overreaction, I think. It's not all that difficult to make sure you've got change for the car park, surely?

County Antrim...
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: car parks

i moved my car down to this car park to be near to the house i had rented and i thought i had change for machine but i was 15 p short

Craigavon, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: car parks

Yeah, I've found that Cornwall is a ripoff for car parking charges compared to Norn Iron (and not used to being charged to park in coastal areas either - imagine that in Newcastle or Portrush) but I now keep a load of change for these damn meters when I'm visiting Cornwall. Usually costs me £30 - £40 a week. Why they don't operate the NI way of paying on EXIT I'll never know. I hate having to guess how long I'm likely to be in a town before I actually leave the car park!

County Antrim...
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: car parks

yeah i spend 42 pounds in a week parking in cornwall , i still cannot believe they have machines that does not give you change as i said a nasty tax on people using car parks , any way we may not be brazil but next year i am holidaying in good old norn ireland where if i go to a beach thers always a car park for free

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: car parks

How sad, that your only comment on your holiday in Cornwall is about a parking ticket.

Edited: 2:52 pm, June 30, 2012
Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: car parks

No what is sad is that an incident like that can leave such a lasting bad taste. Cornwall does not need holidaymakers to have such a bad experience. Like them or not Cornwall needs tourists.

County Antrim...
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: car parks

if you had read my reviews of restaurants and holiday home you

have read that I really enjoyed cornwall and I thought the people were fantastic .this just a thread that started over two weeks ago .cheers mike

united kingdom...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: car parks

Hi

We visited Fowey last week and received a fine for being exactly 5 minutes late - likewise we saw the parky issuing the ticket. We were so upset - £60 fine. We wont be back!

Mawgan...
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: car parks

hi,if its a council run car park ,write to them explaining the circumstances .I have found them understanding and have had fines dropped in the past ,good luck ,have faith in humanity.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: car parks

Sorry to sound unsympathetic but five minutes is five minutes and if you were late returning to your car, then the warden has every right to issue a ticket. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of traffic wardens, parking attendants and the like, but if you buy a ticket for a couple of hours, it's your responsibility to return to the car in time. It amazes me that visitors to Cornwall start shouting that "we won't be back" when it's no one's fault but theirs that they got a ticket.

Get answers to your questions about Fowey