We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muckrach Lodge

Inverness-shire
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Muckrach Lodge

Dreadful service waited over an hour for main course, neve arrived so left disgusted.

Craggan Outdoors
Other Outdoor Activities, Water Sports, Golf Courses, Kayaking & Canoeing
The Bookmark Bookshop
Gift & Specialty Shops
Ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Muckrach Lodge

Ever since they lost Steve there Chef everything has gone one way downhill.Food is just average now its a long way to fall when your top of the pedistal or think you are.

Shena

Ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Muckrach Lodge

Oh forgot to say try Glasshouse or the Craggan mill.They deliver great food and great service.

Inverness-shire
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muckrach Lodge

Thanks Shena, haven't tried Craggan since the new owners took over. Will not be recommending Muckrach to our own holiday clients.

Ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Muckrach Lodge

The Cairn at the Ravenscourt Hotel is very good also,they have just won a award for dining.I have eaten there would recommend.

Edinburgh
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Muckrach Lodge

Just come across your posting. I have known Muckrach over many years and under the current ownership they have undergone several "re-launches" - the latest being after the loss of their head chef last year to open his own place, The Glasshouse in Grantown. The replacement chef is advertised to be "highly rated" but by no one I have met. The hotel has a checkered history both for accommodation and food and it is not difficult to get 1 or 2 AA rosettes. There was even a dining club of some kind a few years ago involving two other SpeySide hotels, but it faded away to nothing. Bad experiences can happen - I had one in one of the best hotels in Edinburgh. There are a lot of people "watching this space"

Get answers to your questions about Grantown-on-Spey