We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

California Sands and Dogs

Luton, United...
1 post
Save Topic
California Sands and Dogs

I have 2 golden retrievers and was wondering if anyone has been to this resort with their dogs and how fun/ friendly both the resort and the area is for people with dogs. If anyone knows of a more dog friendly holiday site in the area pls recommend. They are quite big dogs so would really like to know of places they could go running free/ swimming etc without me breaking my arms with a lead. Also are you allowed to leave the dogs in the caravan for some me time?

Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,068 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: California Sands and Dogs

Dogs left alone in caravans is a no no in my opinion.

Caravans heat up quickly and are no fun in the sun for dogs.

Caravans are in close proximity to each other on most sites.

Other caravan owners/ occupiers may not appreciate the sound of dogs barking whilst left unattended.

Other site users walk close by passing your van and may set your dogs off barking.

The caravan owner from whom you are renting your van may not appreciate knowing that a dog has been left unattended in the van .

Leaving a couple of dogs alone in unfamiliar surrounding may cause them some unnecessary distress and they may act out of character and cause damage

Edited: 12:40 am, June 23, 2013
Level Contributor
545 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: California Sands and Dogs

California Sands are all chalets, are you going to California Cliffs, which is a caravan park owned by Park Resorts?.. We have holidays in this area many times with our dog. We walk through California Sands and nearby Green Park and Summerfields with our dog, sometimes letting her off, only you know how your dogs are with the public and other dogs, of which there are plenty. We sometimes walk along the cliff path to Hemsby and let her run off there. Also if you walk down the slope to the beach and walk a few hundred feet in either direction away from people you will find lots of space and no people. We would leave our dog for a few hours in our car near the club house at night, as the car is familiar too them and not in the caravan or chalet, which I beleive is in the small print saying its not .

west midlands
Level Contributor
183 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: California Sands and Dogs

i use a 3 bedroom chalet on california sands

the area is great for dogs ,if the dogs are ols there is a beach not to far away you can park the car close ,or walk down the cliffs at california sands itself ,i do not leave the dogs in daytime i do a t night when we go to the club we close curtains in one bedrooms they sleep leave the tv on it takes the quietness off ,you will love it send message i will post the chalet it is really lovely

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: California Sands and Dogs

My sister has just booked a Chalet at California Cliffs and the owner has said she will be allowed to leave her dog for a couple of ours in the evening if they decide to go to the Oasis Club

5. Re: California Sands and Dogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Great Yarmouth