We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lowestoft Restaurants

Which Lowestoft hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Lowestoft Restaurants

Why should I visit lowestoft and are there any good restaurants there?

London, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lowestoft Restaurants

Bit of a random question! Lowestoft wouldnt be my first choice of destination, but I guess that depends on what you are going for?

As for restaurants im not sure but have a look here.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g190775-Lowest…

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,441 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lowestoft Restaurants

This site gives a fairly comprehensive overview of what there is in Lowestoft, plus some interesting historical background.

http://www.lovelowestoft.co.uk/

I haven't been there for years, but I liked it when I was there. It's a 'working' town as well as a tourist destination, and I always think that makes a place more interesting. There are some great places to visit nearby too, such as Southwold and Walberswick, and a wealth of pretty villages inland.

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lowestoft Restaurants

Hi,

Lowestoft is great place to visit if you enjoy great beaches and want a good central location as a base to visit other areas......There are 2 theatres "The Marina" which is in the main High Street and "The Seagull" which is in Pakefield where you can catch a good show. For the kids, there is Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park..... Ok it is not Thorpe Park or Alton Towers but it is a great day out...There is "Africa Alive" wildlife park situated in Kessingland and for the rainy days there is a good 10 pin bowling alley for families and "Pirate Pete's indoor Adventure play area for the younger ones...Lowestoft is also situated only 10 miles from Great Yarmouth where there is a great Pleasure Beach, numerous arcades, mini golf, a Sealife Centre and all the other things you would associate with a large seaside resort....... As for restaurants I would reccomend heading into Oulton Broad and trying out the "Red Herring" or "The Blue Boar" in Oulton Village. For good value places to eat just off the seafront, try heading for "The Harbour" just by the bridge or "The Winelodge which is situated a little more South heading towards Pakefield (near the KFC).

Kind regards

Meg x x x

Suffolk
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lowestoft Restaurants

Hi there

I agree with everything that Meg says and the beaches are really fantastic - lots of lovely sand. Another good reason to visit is the Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival, this week on Thursday July 23rd and Friday July 24th - see suffolktouristguide.com/Lowestoft/Lowestoft_…

for more details, followed on 25/26th by Honda Formula 4 stoke Powerboat series (http://www.suffolktouristguide.com/Suffolk-Festivals.asp#Honda Formula 4). These amount to pretty unique and unbeatable reasons to visit Lowestoft surely?!

All best

Sarah Q

5. Re: Lowestoft Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 18, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lowestoft
More Lowestoft Topics