We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ros-on-Wye camping

Which Ross-on-Wye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Ros-on-Wye camping

I am looking for a campsite in Ross-on-Wye for 15 people on the 4th June 2012 which allows BBQ's.

It is for a friends birthday and ideally we want to stay as close to Ross as possible so we can walk into town to get food and be near the pubs.

Most places are busy because of bank holiday, plus we are a large group of people. Does anyone know a good camp site or farmers field I could try.

Thanks

Edited: 9:15 am, May 03, 2012
Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ros-on-Wye camping

Bumping to the top.

UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ros-on-Wye camping

Have you tried Broadmeadow, it is the only one that I know of within walking distance of Ross centre

http://www.broadmeadow.info/

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ros-on-Wye camping

There's a campsite at Symonds Yat which is very close to Ross. It's close to the canoeing centre and also to an amusement park with rides for the kids.

Edited: 3:04 pm, May 09, 2012
UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ros-on-Wye camping

^^^^^^

There are several Campsites in Symonds Yat and also in other areas surrounding Ross but they are not within walking distance of Ross centre

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
2 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ros-on-Wye camping

To anyone looking for a campsite that is a 10 minute walk from the town centre in Ross on Wye, you might be tempted to stay at Broadmeadows.

The location is good and there is a Morrisons supermarket 5 minutes walk away. The field is well kept with pitches clearly laid out and that's about the positives.

The site is very expensive - £23 for 2 people in a tent per night off/season. As if this isn't enough, they charge for absolutely everything - and I mean everything! Someone put an awning up on an adjacent caravan and was informed it was an extra £3.50. They charge extra for dogs! We had someone turn up to see us to chat about meeting up that evening and they informed her she had to pay a visitors charge! I kid you not.

The site is extremely regimented and there is a huge list of things you cannot do. One of the wardens is particularly obnoxious having zero customer care skills Within 20 minutes of paying at check-in, we were asked by this individual if we had paid and could he see the receipt - despite the fact he was in the office when we checked in. He just walked off without any apology. . Nothing more than a rude, patronising fool.

The location's good but little else. I would stay elsewhere rather than Broadwaters.

Wolverhampton...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ros-on-Wye camping

is this site near morrisons supermarket

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
2 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ros-on-Wye camping

Yes. This site is a 5 minute walk away from Morrisons.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ros-on-Wye camping

We visited this site over bank holiday weekend 23-26 May 2014. The site was incredibly busy and we were all packed in like sardines. Because of the incessant rain, the site was very muddy and boggy which made everything very dirty!

Staff were very friendly and helpful, but the pitches were far too small for our liking

Good points were: Morrisons supermarket was situated at the entrance of the campsite selling everything! 5 minute walk at the most. The town of Ross was a further couple of minutes walk again. Toilet and shower block was spotless with plenty of showers and loos, although they are closed between 11am and 12pm for cleaning. There was a nice lake that you could walk along, although once I'd spotted a rat, I was gone! Towards the back of the site, you can access a busy road, cross it, climb a stile and walk through the neighbouring fields amongst cows and sheep. Also, if you walk through the town, there is a very pleasant riverside walk in both directions with a very nice pub and beer garden in the middle.

A nice area, but we felt hemmed in.

9. Re: Ros-on-Wye camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, April 24, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Ross-on-Wye