We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A nice few days with my elderly mother

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
A nice few days with my elderly mother

Some advice please for a hotel/guest house nearish to Yeovil where I can stay with my 84 year old mother for a few days in September. She is not very mobile and I would like something I can do when she needs to rest. We are planning to do some family history research in Yeovil but will have a car, so we can travel in if necessary.

I would like somewhere that is comfortable, has nice sized rooms . She doesn't like what she would call "fancy food" !

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Sue

2 replies to this topic
Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A nice few days with my elderly mother

I was only a passing visitor, but we enjoyed our 2 night stay at No 29 in Yeovil.

http://number29.biz/room_rates. Yes, we only live about an hour away but we were travelling with a toddler who didn't like car journeys at the time so we took the opportunity to explore the area with a local bolthole en route to the coast.

No29 is a Victorian House overlooking a park (and there is a short-cut across a footbridge into town at the end of the road). The rooms are all upstairs (in case that might be an issue). There were lots of dog-walkers in the park, so it was a quiet spot to people watch all day if your Mum wanted a bit of a rest. There was an extensive file of menus at the B&B of restaurants and takeaways that happily deliver; there is a good size dining room you can eat them in (cutlery/crockery etc provided) if you feel too tired to go out.

We were en route from Bath to Chesil Beach/Weymouth (both within an easy reach) but we took the opportunity to visit the car museum and the local NT properties (Montacute, and we didn't get to Tintinhull).

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A nice few days with my elderly mother

Thanks very much, very helpful.I shall investigate further.

Sue

Reply to: A nice few days with my elderly mother
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted