We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent help needed regarding Car Park D

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,959 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent help needed regarding Car Park D

Can anyone advise how long it takes to walk (avec bags) from car Park D (or E, the one that costs £5.00 per day to park) at Ashford International to the terminal?

Our train is at 07:25 tomorrow morning - need to know what time to arrive at the car park to get to the terminal for 06:50 or so...

Thank you in advance!

Godinton House & Gardens
Gardens, Historic Sites
Willesborough Windmill
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
6 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,501 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent help needed regarding Car Park D

I don't know which one is car park D (and the map at eurostar.com doesn't tell you) but none of them will be more than about ten minutes walk. In the rain.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,959 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent help needed regarding Car Park D

That's what we thought... Thanks for your help cubsur.

The map from the NCP site is here, by the way:

www.ncp.co.uk/car-park.html…

Devon, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent help needed regarding Car Park D

One of the worst car park set ups I've encountered anywhere. Yet with a little management and customer focus it could be so good!

I was due to arrive there 2 wks ago with a car of 2.2 m height. Could I find out height restrictions of car parks on the websites? No - so had to call them and they told me to book in Car Park D. I also took their advice and booked via Ringgo on my mobile en route to Ashford, only to receive a pdf I had to print with my voucher. Now how was I going to do that in my car?

On arrival all was OK, I parked up and the machine gave me a ticket - but how was I to match this up with my booking? There were machines around but none offered this service. So I headed off on holiday, returning a week later, whereupon I set off in search of a human who could sort it. I was told in the terminal to head to the Multi-Storey, which I duly did, where there was no signage to any office ... but having wound my way down the floors I finally found a small window in an office, where the staff apologetically sorted me out and gave me an exit pass, at the same time agreeing the system 'stunk'.

PLEASE sort this out! In a digital world, update your website with height info, make the Ringgo app not need a printed voucher, and make it so that a tired returning holidaymaker doesn't need to go exploring the multi-storey in order to match payment with exit pass!

Folkestone, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent help needed regarding Car Park D

Allow 10 mnutes

Folkestone, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent help needed regarding Car Park D

I'd allow at least 15 minutes to be sure, aim to arrive at check-in 30 minutes before Eurostar train departure.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent help needed regarding Car Park D

Hope the OP has made it from the car park by now as the original post was almost four years ago!

Reply to: Urgent help needed regarding Car Park D
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted