We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ashford to Rome

east sussex
1 post
Save Topic
Ashford to Rome

I am planning to travel from Ashford Kent to Rome by train, anyone got any ideas of the best way.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,976 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ashford to Rome

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm going to give you the lazy answer, but it's what you need...

Have a look at www.seat61.com (google 'seat61') if that's not the correct address, but I think it is. You will see detailed routes of how to get from London (and therefore by extension, Ashford) to Rome, and anywhere else in Europe, for that matter. Good luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ashford to Rome

It depends on what you want to see in between. Quickest is Ashford to Paris then catch the overnight to Rome.

Alternatively if you have a few days and want to see some nice places on the way you could go Ashford to Cologne (via Brussels), then Cologne to Munich. From Munich there is a daily train which passes through the Alps and Austria and then on to Italy calling at Verona, Florence and Rome

3. Re: Ashford to Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 28, 2009