We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buxton in December (beginning)

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Buxton in December (beginning)

Recommended for a stag night (Saturday night).

We're not looking for hard core raves, just a few good busy pubs and a couple of night clubs that will be open reasonably late.

Couod anyone advise if this is the right place to go for this? Main thing is that its lively on a saturday night.

thanks

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buxton in December (beginning)

Buxton claims to be the highest market town in England (or Britain). In December expect short days and cold weather. It may snow.

And my experience (which may be a little out of date) was of a rather quiet place at any time.

I would suggest that you either go west to Manchester or east to Sheffield. Both have a guaranteed lively night life.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buxton in December (beginning)

To be honest, I don't think that anywhere in the Peak District would fit your specification !

Suggest you stay in Manchester and visit Buxton as a day trip if you particularly want to go there, although as David says, December is not the time to see Buxton at its best.

P-t-B.

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buxton in December (beginning)

Thanks for the advice guys. This is what I suspected but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks again

4. Re: Buxton in December (beginning)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, February 20, 2017