We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Buxton...recommend the Cottages

Leicester, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Buxton...recommend the Cottages

Just a quick recommendation for anyone seeking self-catering accommodation in Buxton.

I’ve just returned from a weekend at Fern Farm Cottages and cannot recommend them highly enough. I was travelling with four other friends so trying to find a cottage in the Peaks to serve that number without having to share a double bed was impossible until I came across these cottages.

They are side by side – one has a double and twin room and the other has a double and bunk beds.

The cottages are close enough to Buxton that you are able to walk in to town in the evening (if you don’t want another walk after a long day on the Peaks, a taxi will only set you back £4). There are several walks you can do from the cottage as well as being close enough to drive to some other popular areas.

The owner is extremely friendly and helpful and the cottages spotlessly clean and warm with all the facilities you need whether it be for a weekend or longer.

We rented both properties and found it great value for a weekend…much cheaper than had we stayed in B&B or hotel.

I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for something close enough to enjoy the outdoors but with amenities for the evening without the need for a car.

If you want more info you can find them at

http://www.fernfarmcottages.co.uk/

1. Re: Just back from Buxton...recommend the Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, September 01, 2015