We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton dunkeld

Sheffield, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Hilton dunkeld

Recent reviews say food not so good and some of the rooms seem below standard of decortioin adn upkeep one would expectof ahilton and a 4 star hotel

7 replies to this topic
Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton dunkeld

Are you stating a fact or asking a question? Not sure what your point is!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,869 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton dunkeld

Beighton, did you miss a bit of the post?

I was quite happy with the place personally. Got a very good rate though. Stunning location, attractive old building; rooms on the small side due to it's historic nature I guess. Breakfast was good and came with a lovely garden and riverside view. Didn't fancy the limited dinner menu at all, or the price, so ate in Dunkeld a pleasant stroll away along the Tay, with a wee detour to take in the Cathedral.It's a walkers paradise. Lovely wee town. Swimming pool is a bit shallow for laps which would be my only criticism, but perfect for kids of course.

Were you considering a stay at the Hilton Dunkeld and wanting forum feedback?

Edited: 8:04 am, August 05, 2011
Sheffield, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton dunkeld

thanks.

My daughter has fallen in love with the venue and plans to have her reception there next August . I was dismayed by the remarks onthe qulaity of food and in particular about the vegetarian choice - also someone else commented on lack of vegetables. There was the comment about staff attitude and also about the interior quality of some of the rooms - 'tired ' was the expression used and at those prices one wouldhope for better.Obvioulsy some comments were very positive so I reckon it might depend on which room you get! .

glad to have your advice about eating out - woudl obvioulsy want to stay there night before and night after wedding but would be looking to stay elsewhere in Dunkeld if we arrive earlier We live on the isle of man so its not jsut a case of driving for a few hours - I either get a car ferry to Liverpool or fly and hire a car.

Sheffield, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton dunkeld

I had been on the forum hence my dismay

Sheffield, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton dunkeld

and read the reviews - not impressed by the reply fromthe manager who dealt with the replies as felt they were abitof soft soap. If the food not up to scratch then I am worried about the quality for the reception though of course it is a year away yet.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,869 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton dunkeld

It would make a lovely venue for the wedding photos. When we visited we had one of the rooms in the main building which was quite snug, and while some might call the furniture old, I'd call it vintage and full of character.

The place was very clean and the bathroom was actually quite nice with good quality fixtures and fittings and one of those rain showers. I guess there may be some variation in experience of the stay due to there being traditionally furnished rooms in the main building plus newer rooms.

Staff we encountered were lovely. A few were from foreign climes and I guess misunderstanding can occur when english isn't the first language. I can't deny that someone else might not have had such a good interaction with staff.

They were preparing for a wedding when we were there and the gardeners were out in force giving a lick of fresh paint to the planters and making everything look lovely for someone's big day. The marquee was put up alongside the dining room.

I am a vegetarian so can sympathise about the choices or lack of them on the menu. Any good chef worth his salt could put something suitable together though. Are they showing much flexibility on the menu front?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton dunkeld

If you have doubts about the food, rooms and quality of service then don't use the place. Not worth the expense hassle and heartache. Seriously.

Reply to: Hilton dunkeld
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dunkeld
Recent Conversations