We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating early evening in Folkestone prior to a Eurotunnel

Swansea
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Eating early evening in Folkestone prior to a Eurotunnel

Planning to stay in HIE in mid june prior to a trip to France. Any suggestion where to go (or avoid) an early evening restaurant as we are on the 7:00 am train so don't want to be up too late.

Would prefer so where fairly close as I'd fancy a glass of wine with my meal.

Cheers for any suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
4,071 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating early evening in Folkestone prior to a Eurotunnel

The HIE is well out-of-town by Junction 12 of the M20 - beyond walking distance to Folkestone. Unless you want to eat at the hotel you might have to compromise and drive in to town, or get a bus:

stagecoachbus.com/uploads/folkestonenetworkm…

www.stagecoachbus.com/localdefault.aspx…

I've not eaten in Folkestone during the evening so can't provide recommendations, only suggest you use the restaurant listings on here for ideas.

Purely using Google maps, I can see there is an Indian restaurant in Cheriton but isn't reviewed here. Cheriton is a suburban area between HIE and Folkestone, and could be walkable. http://www.princeofindiafolkestone.co.uk/

By car, an alternative to venturing in to Folkestone is the New Inn at Etchinghill which is well-reviewed on here

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g2013436…

Mentioned in this post
Folkestone
Folkestone
Kent, UK
2. Re: Eating early evening in Folkestone prior to a Eurotunnel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, June 04, 2013