We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From plane arrival to getting out of the airport (Luton)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
From plane arrival to getting out of the airport (Luton)

Hi, my mom's plane is arriving at 8pm on 19th April to Luton airport (Wizz Air). I am planing to go there from London Victoria with national express and come back with her the same way. How long it can take her to go through passport control and so on until she gets out of the airport, so that I can plan which bus to book? She doesn't have baggage though only cabin baggage.

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From plane arrival to getting out of the airport (Luton)

If she won't have any check-in luggage to collect I assume she will be ready with passport control and everything in maximum 30 minutes. Just make sure to check for any delays of the flight before you go to the airport.

London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: From plane arrival to getting out of the airport (Luton)

Yes it is about 30 - 40 minutes. As advised need check the flight Landing information from Luton airport website http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/flights/

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From plane arrival to getting out of the airport (Luton)

It is possible to jump the passport control queues. If you have a UK machine readable passport then you can use the automatic lanes at Luton. This could save up to ten minutes.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From plane arrival to getting out of the airport (Luton)

It varies very much and depends on the number of planes arriving at that time and staff on duty. I have suffered 90mins from touch down to reaching the terminal and rarely under 30 mins. . Cabin baggage does not change this much as that is collected after passports.

However, arrived recently and .. no queues. I asked one of the staff if this was really Luton. "Yes Sir, it is and you are only the 50th person to come out with that amazingly funny comment tonight!"

5. Re: From plane arrival to getting out of the airport (Luton)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 19, 2015