We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car park fees at Ibis hotel Luton

Ipswich
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Car park fees at Ibis hotel Luton

Does anyone know how much it costs to park over night at the Ibis hotel, Luton airport?

We are planing a short trip abroad, staying at ibis the night before our flight, and would like to use the airports short term car park for the duration of our trip so we can get away quickly when we get back. Thinking the ibis car park will probably be cheaper than paying for an extra day at the short term car park, but would like to check.

Also, their website says the car park is first come, first serve. We don't want to turn up and find the car park full. Does anyone know how well used it is?

Thanks

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car park fees at Ibis hotel Luton

According to they ibis website it's a small 74 space car park, so you may have to wait and see depending how busy the hotel is..

The hotel info can be found here: ibis.com/gb/…index.shtml

Cornwall
Level Contributor
125 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car park fees at Ibis hotel Luton

On the Ibis website there is a section where you can book car parking/accommodation for about £47 for about 8 days..

Ipswich
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car park fees at Ibis hotel Luton

Wow! Didn't see that bit! All I saw was the bit that said it was a 74 space car park which was first come first served! Which worried me a little as the hotel has over 160 rooms and I didn't want to turn up and not get a space. I did email the hotel and was told they charge £11 per night to park.

What I really want to know is how well used is the car park?. Looking at some of the reviews for the hotel, it seems that quite a few people do not have cars with them, so hoping we can get a space ok. Planning on emailing the hotel a couple of days beforehand and seeing how busy they are likely to be. Have got a flexi ticket to park in the short term car park, so can easily change the booking if necessary, but would be useful if anyone knew whether the car park is usually busy or not?

Thanks

Cornwall
Level Contributor
125 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car park fees at Ibis hotel Luton

I rang the Ibis to ask the same question but they said they couldnt do forecasting! I may just mention that the hotel was for one night but the car parking for the extended period, but it is a very good price as apposed to the hotel's price of £89 for one night plus 8-9 day's parking.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car park fees at Ibis hotel Luton

<<On the Ibis website there is a section where you can book car parking/accommodation for about £47 for about 8 days..>>

Can't find that section - but the question to ask is WHERE is the car parking. With that type of offer it's often not at the hotel.

With that size of car park it's difficult to see how they could guarantee onsite parking to prebookers.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
125 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car park fees at Ibis hotel Luton

I think the link I used just came up as I was looking at the Ibis site - the parking is the 'Drop and Go' car park, the transfer bus will then take one to the airport/hotel. Hopefully all will be well, perhaps there is another member that can give a report of their experiences.

Edited: 6:06 am, January 18, 2014
Ipswich
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car park fees at Ibis hotel Luton

So, back from our trip and we had no trouble getting a space (arrived about 7.30pm), although it got pretty full later on in the evening. Only cost £5 to park and not £11 as stated in previous post. They charge £11 per night if you want to leave your car there after you check out.

8. Re: Car park fees at Ibis hotel Luton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 10, 2015