We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

Malta
Level Contributor
77 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

I will be flying to London via Luton Airport next December and was thinking of purchasing bus tickets using easybus.co.uk

Do you have to bang-on with the departure times? I mean if you miss it due to a delay or something what happens?

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,289 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

A search for EasyBus in these forums will bring up several threads. Most are filled with people complaining about buses not turning up, not being able to board, rude drivers, no room for luggage etc.

I personally would not use this company. Go by train or use the National Express coach.

Malta
Level Contributor
77 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

wow.. thanks for the tip

so I guess it is easy to book directly from there rather than pre-buy tickets?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,289 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

Yes you don't need to pre-book any transport from Luton Airport.

The Airport has an "Onward Travel Centre" with desks for both National Express coaches and First Capital Connect trains.

Here are the websites if you want more information:

nationalexpress.com/wherewego/airports/londo…

firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/airports/…

Edited: 5:43 am, November 06, 2013
Malta
Level Contributor
77 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

thanks.. much appreciated

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

Just to echo the other posts, you would be crazy to use this bunch of jokers. Many many posts on buses not turning up at all or being too crowded to get on when they do, people missing flights or paying big money for last minute taxis.

Kudos for asking, stay well away.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,392 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

From the airport , just outside the main door is the shuttle bus for Luton Parkway train station. I think it costs about £4. Then the train will take you to central London in about 45 minutes. The main London station with good onward transport links that most use is St Pancras which is linked to Kings Cross station ( one big complex really ) that has lots of tube lines going to other London locations. Or buses just outside.

Have a look at the TFL ( Transport for London) website for tube maps and journey planner.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

I think the bus is £1.60. However buy your train ticket in the terminal and it will be from 'Luton Airport' which includes the cost of the shuttle bus. Note tickets to/from 'Luton Airport Parkway' do not!

Malta
Level Contributor
77 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

We have booked our hotel near East India Tube station (close to O2 Arena) so I will need to go there from Luton..

Checked for a close-by coach trip using national express but it was very expensive!

I guess the best is to go via St. Pancras or Baker Street..

or am I missing something?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

National Express don't serve East India Dock so if you've tried the journey with them heaven knows what you've come up with.

You can get them into London at a reasonable price and continue by tube.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,392 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luton to London Central - EasyBus pre-booking

If you take the bus to Kings Cross / St Pancras ( one big complex with two stations side by side ) then take the Northern line from Kings Cross on the tube to Bank and change there to the DLR Docklands Light Railway to East India Dock.