We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Luton to Stratford station and back

Bucharesti
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Luton to Stratford station and back

Hello, can you please tell me how can i get to 162 Romford Road, Stratford, London, United Kingdom from Luton airport? And also, how can i get back to the airport if my plain is at 7:50 in the morning. Is there any bus i can take in the middle of the night to go to the airport in time and safe?

Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
9,870 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Luton to Stratford station and back

This is not an easy transfer, especially for the early morning return.

Is there any chance you can get a flight to Stansted instead? Transfer from Stansted to Stratford would be much easier, quicker and cheaper

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,332 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Luton to Stratford station and back

It's fairly easy - shuttle bus to Luton Airport Parkway, train to St Pancras then train to Stratford, then a 10 minute walk. You should be able to buy it as one ticket at Luton Airport itself for £19.50 one way.

If you go into Google Maps and type in "162 Romford Rd, London E7, United Kingdom" you should get a map of the area

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,758 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Luton to Stratford station and back

Flying into Stansted is better, if this is possible.

If you do have ti fly into Luton, you have two options:

Option 1:

Shuttle bus to Luton Parkway Station.

First Capital Connect train to Farringdon.

Underground - Hamersmith & City Line to Mile End. Cross platform to Central Line, one stop to Stratford.

Bus 25 or 86 from Stratford Bus Station, alight at Atherton Leisure Centre.

Buy a one-day travelcard at Luton Airport terminal before setting off.

Option 2:

Green Line 757 coach from Luton Airport to Marble Arch. Pay driver.

Underground from Marble Arch to Stratford, no changes. Buy travelcard here, one-day or weekly depending o your requirements. Stratford is in zone 3.

Bus 25 or 86 from Stratford Bus Station, alight at Atherton Leisure Centre.

Coming back, you will be pleased to know that the 757 Green Line runs 24 hours, so no problem travelling back to the Airport in the early hours. However you will need to use a night bus to get into Central London as the Underground will not be running. The 25 runs to Oxford Circus 24 hours a day; from there it is a 20-minute walk to Marble Arch or just hop on another night bus headed to Marble Arch.

Bucharesti
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: From Luton to Stratford station and back

Well that will be one interesting night:) how much do you think a taxi will take us from Startford to Marble Arch?

I don't think that going to the hotel will be a problem, but in the leaving night...that's kinda scary:)

Thank you

London
Level Contributor
9,870 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Luton to Stratford station and back

@Alan

The journey options you suggest don't work for the return - the return flight out of Luton is 7.50 am which implies a check in two hours ahead of that.

Bucharesti
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: From Luton to Stratford station and back

it won't be a problem getting from Marble Arch to Luton, but how can we get from Stratford to Marble Arch in the middle of the night, and safe? Is there any 24h bus that travels from Stratford- to central? How much can a taxi take us?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,758 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Luton to Stratford station and back

>> Is there any 24h bus that travels from Stratford- to central? <<

Yes, the 25 that I mentioned in my previous post runs 24 hours a day past your hotel, to Oxford Circus. Buses are scheduled at least one every ten minutes.

If you take the Greenline at 04.49 from Marble Arch, that will get you to Luton Airport at 05.45. To get to Marble Arch by bus for that time you would need to leave your hotel no later than 03.30. There is another Greenline at 05.09 if you miss the 04.49.

>> How much can a taxi take us? <<

I don't know, you would need to contact a local firm and get a quote.

Bucharesti
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: From Luton to Stratford station and back

Thank you very much, i will consider your advice!

9. Re: From Luton to Stratford station and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 03, 2012