We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to butlins, minehead by train from london

Which Minehead hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
1 post
Save Topic
Travelling to butlins, minehead by train from london

Does anyone know what train i an get from london to butlins minehead and also how much it costs or if u can give me the website and i will find out myself. Thanks

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,078 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to butlins, minehead by train from london

www.butlins.com/resorts/minehead/location/

You can book a train all the way to Minehead though through the usual websites - eastcoast.co.uk crosscountry.co.uk - doing so several weeks in advance to get the best price

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to butlins, minehead by train from london

You can indeed buy a through ticket but for the avoidance of doubt (as the lawyers say), the train itself only takes you as far as Taunton and then it's one-and-a-half hours on a bus. A large part of the former railway line from Taunton now operates as a heritage steam railway and is worth a visit. See www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk. But sadly it's no use for through journeys.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to butlins, minehead by train from london

you can get the train from paddington, they usually release the tickets approx six weeks before travel, so buy early for the lowest price,

train goes to taunton, not minhead, just outside the station is the bus stop. the bus will take you all the way to the resort. but if you go when it's busy season this bus stop can become quite congested, and you may have to wait for another.

there is a taxi rank to the right and i paid £40 for the privilage, but it was worth it, get a quote before you get in.

4. Re: Travelling to butlins, minehead by train from london

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 22, 2011