We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

themed/stag nights in minehead

irthlingborough
1 post
Save Topic
themed/stag nights in minehead

hi all im in a jam,

The groom wants to have a theme night down at butlins in minehead which is great theres about 20 off us going and the weekend is a 70s bash in june.Trouble is i would like us to stand out (any suggestions don`t care how out there or simple).I understand that butlins is a good time in the evening but need to get something sorted for the day ages range from 25 to 55 and where all game for alaugh.So i need some info on what to do during the day apart from getting plenty of drink inside??? save that for the evenings I.E. paint balling, gocarting, rockclimbing any thing all suggestions welcome apart from "go home".We like a beer but also like to have a good time mostly at the groom`s and my expense let me know what goes on for entertainment down there.

Thanks in advance Richard

North Yorks
Level Contributor
274 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: themed/stag nights in minehead

Went to the 70s theme weekend at skegness butlins last weekend. There wasnt much to do through the day except recover from the night before,not sure if there is more a minehead. We were a group of all girls but we had a game of pool and bowling which was a giggle.

We did see a large stag group go into the pool complex, on the sunday. They were a sight for the eyes as they all walked from there apartments to the pool dressed in nohing but small black speedos, except for the groom who was wearing a ladies swimming costume. this group also had the groom dressed as a bride on the nights. Some groups had a theme but one that stood out most were a group with orange polo shirts printed with "what no noddy" this being due to Noddy Holder not playing with Slade who were playing that weekend.

We had a fantastic weekend, didn't really know what to expect as wasn't looking forward to it as not really a Butlins type girl but we are going back in Novemeber.......cant wait.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,967 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: themed/stag nights in minehead

Here is a Wiki on Minehead, which might help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minehead

there is a golf course, and the West Somerset Railway, which could be places for GUY's to while away the day

http://www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk/

This site covers the area of the Somerset Riviera, which might help:

somersetriviera.com/onlocation/minehead.asp

Somerset
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: themed/stag nights in minehead

Good idea to get out of Butlin's and it is only a short walk from the main Seafront, ther is quad biking on ther moor and clay pigeon shooting is always novel, as long as your party is a sober in the day. nearest paintballing is Crealy near Eexter I think.

4. Re: themed/stag nights in minehead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 30, 2009