We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Scarborough hotel with walk-in shower (and a lift)?

London, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Best Scarborough hotel with walk-in shower (and a lift)?

Does anybody have any suggestions for the best hotel in Scarborough where the rooms have got a walk-in shower (rather than the shower being situated over the bath)? The reason I ask is because we are taking my mother on holiday, and she really needs a walk-in shower, because she is not as young as she once was! Also she would need somewhere with a lift (unless it was ground floor of course).

We are really only looking at 'up market' hotels, because the trip is a special one for her!

In terms of location, ideally it would be somewhere central (for example near the Grand), but really we are quite flexible about this.

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Scarborough hotel with walk-in shower (and a lift)?

The new Premier Inn and the Palm Court are very close to the Grand and they have disabled access rooms but you would need to check that a walk in shower in available. The Park Manor Hotel out towards Peasholme Park certainly does have walk in showers and a pool. The only four star hotel is the Crown Spa but it is up above the Spa and a little further out of town. Anywhere up on the top is a hike up and down to the sea front but the lifts are accessible.

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Scarborough hotel with walk-in shower (and a lift)?

If your Mum can manage a fewvsteps to the front door and stepping up into a shower tray (mine can no longer manage it), then The Crescent is also worth a look. Great staff who also go out of their way to look after you, too.

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Scarborough hotel with walk-in shower (and a lift)?

Many thanks for your reply safarifiend,

I have just spoken to the Premier Inn but unfortunately they only have two suitable rooms which are both occupied on the dates I am interested in.

I have taken a look at the Crescent, Palm Court and Park Manor, but if anybody has any other suggestions I would be most grateful.

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Scarborough hotel with walk-in shower (and a lift)?

I have now booked the Palm Court. Fingers crossed everything will be OK :)

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Scarborough hotel with walk-in shower (and a lift)?

Enjoy. A nice central location and not too far to the Stephen Joseph Theatre in the evening.

6. Re: Best Scarborough hotel with walk-in shower (and a lift)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough
Recent Conversations