We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elton John this weekend

Leicestershire,UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Elton John this weekend

We're lucky enough to have tickets for Elton John ay the Open air Theatre this weekend, we've seen various different start/finish times...can anyone clarify?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elton John this weekend

No need to buy tickets just go round the back of the OAT and you can see and hear all and no queues. It is a public right of way and ground that one marvellous Scarboro person has fought to keep open. .

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
281 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elton John this weekend

Try the tourism bureau on 01723 383636. I've checked the scarborough evening news over the last few days and seen nothing. Please allow plenty of time before to get into the place, as queuing has been slow last season. Sorry I couldn't be of more use, have a great night - looks like the weekend will be glorious!

Mark.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
281 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elton John this weekend

Try the tourism bureau on 01723 383636. I've checked the scarborough evening news over the last few days and seen nothing. Please allow plenty of time before to get into the place, as queuing has been slow last season. Sorry I couldn't be of more use, have a great night - looks like the weekend will be glorious!

Mark.

Leicestershire,UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elton John this weekend

Thanks, folks. It was a great concert (certainly helped by fab weather in the run up to it) I'd already got tickets but you're right, people were picnicing on the approach to the entrance....a cheap night out!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elton John this weekend

You will know for next time. Apparently Elton had said no one was to get up to go for drinks when he was playing and everyone said it went well by this except the vendors

Leeds, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elton John this weekend

I was very disappointed with the concert. No backing band made Eltons songs very thin and Elton had no chat lines or connection with his audience.

Elton is a very good pianist who played for two and half hours.

A lot of the audience were very restless jumping up and down to buy drinks and wander around the venue, they did not appear 'grabbed' by the music!

I 'm not sure Elton gave us value for money!

Lynn

Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Elton John this weekend

Not there but certainly heard much negative feedback. I am also concerned about the longer term viability of the venue-worried it is goinf to prove to be a "white elelphant"

Leeds, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elton John this weekend

venue was great,but English weather does not lend itself to outdoor concerts unfortunately

we also found that, as in other venues we have visited, in certain bars you are restricted where you drink. This only happens in England and does not give the consumer a relaxed evening.

Lynn

9. Re: Elton John this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, October 04, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Scarborough
Recent Conversations